Thread: Offroad lights on roof racks.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Yeah but, can you vaporize a Saturn? I like the yellow lights. Do they keep the bugs off? Are they yellow
    bulbs or a cover? Just kidding about the bug thing I really do like the yellow lights.

What are the roof lights? The mount is interesting. Phunkey Dude had a nice system on his XK. I like the
    idea of being able to change the angle of the lights. I enjoy the Baja1000 and they have some wild lighting
    systems. I saw one with a motorized bar that would tilt the lights.

txbaja..do you have a higher amp alternator? I would like to know about your install and wiring. Wire gauges
    etc. I have burnt up 2 relays and use only 2 lights per relay. The first was a 30 amp, 2nd was a 40. I switched
    to heavier wire after the 2nd relay melted. (from 12 to 10)
    The 4 lights on top are wired up with baja designs wiring harnesses. they have a relay and inline fuse. I'll have to check on the amps of the relay and wire gage,(i'm guessing 10 or 12) the 4 lights on top are 100watt. the 2 4" fuegos (100 watt) are wired in to my old fog lights, I just changed the plug. The 2 6" HID's are wired with a baja designs harness. I don't have a higher amp alt. as of yet, but have an Optima red top battery. The lights have a l to r and up and down adj. wich is cool. no motorized unit here. Baja Designs is a supplier to a lot of SCORE teams. I'll check on my harness specs. and post up. Also the 6" HID's are just an amber lens, I can switch back to clear. the amber in off-road racing is good for dust. since I don't race mine is just for looks. Although they are still bright.
    Last edited by txbajacommander; 04-22-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Thread Information