Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Offroad lights on roof racks.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Brandon, post up some pics of your rack with the lights... thats what this thread is all about

Why are you taking the roof rack off?

As far as the Hella Black Magic lights; i ran them years ago and was not impressed with their light output. If you want extremely bright, i'd look at a different model. I think those are a good niche light for people going more for looks than performance (they do look pretty good)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Brandon, post up some pics of your rack with the lights... thats what this thread is all about

As far as the Hella Black Magic lights; i ran them years ago and was not impressed with their light output. If you want extremely bright, i'd look at a different model. I think those are a good niche light for people going more for looks than performance (they do look pretty good)
    Ill try to get some today but its a homemade roof rack so its nothing nice at all which is one reason I wasnt to get rid of it and also because i'm having a tire/jerry can/hi-lift carrier made to go into the hitch and ill have no reason for the roof rack. If I do decide to keep lights up there ill just attach them to the cross bars. Were the black magic you tried the 500 or the rallye 1000? You dont happen to still have them and possibly want to sell do you?
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

They were the 500s and loooooong gone.

alright thought it was worth a try. And the roof rack is official gone as of this week. I washed my car to find a nail in my tire so I had to put my spare on and no need for it now but I got a few pictures I'm uploading now.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    That doesn't look as bad as you led on. I think you came up with a great idea. My only thought is maybe a little lower profile. Other than that I'd say pretty cool.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Doesn't look bad at all. I agree tho, a lower profile would help the look of it.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like it. It would be awesome to have mounted a water spigot on there somewhere. Would make for a nice conversation piece. LOL ! JK
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Is your plumbers & pipe fitters local 562 union card current?

That's quite the serious looking roof rack.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

How did all you guys run your wiring through?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information