Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lift damage?

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    It looks like you have OME struts up front, maybe they are the 2" ones not stock. They look like the same ones I have. Although it's hard to tell just from pics. With no sway bar up front you might be getting to much travel. Without changing anything you could add limiting straps up front. that would fix to much down travel, assuming it was down travel that caused the rub.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I would go with the limiting straps over leaving the sway bar connected while off road IMHO.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    It looks to me that the added lift spacer up front is giving you to much lift which in turn puts the upper control arm at a bad angle. The more the upper control arm is pushed down, the closer the steering knuckle gets to the strut/coil assembly. Then while off roading the steering knuckle makes contact with the strut/coil assembly at full down travel due to the sway bars being disconnected. I'm also using OME HD Coils/OME Struts up front but as far as i know Im not having the problem shown in your pictures. I'll have to take a look today though. Im not running the extra spacer like you nor have I disconnected the front sway bar.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    @bigmaninds, due to the type of wheeling you do bro I would loose the spacer up front and keep disconnecting the sway bar up front and maybe look into limiting straps. Airing down and disconnecting every thing just makes the ride so much nicer in the rocks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information