Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel Tank Skid Install

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Looks good bro! Glad you posted the part numbers for those clips. I broke mine a while back and Jeep said I couldnt get those seperately.
    Thanks man, the first thing I thought when I broke that piece was I would have to by the entire fuel line The package says ford GM on it they didn't have anything that said Chrysler or Jeep on it freaking stupid. But they were identical replacements so all was good.

Just finished up my skid install. I ended up breaking all the retaining clips and the ones I found for replacements aren't quite the same but they worked and hold the lines. I broke the large EVAP clip at the back of the fuel tank with the 2 lines that branch off and have no replacement clip (wasn't supposed to come off, but it did........oops). The only other thing I ran into was the Hemi has no bleeder valve on the fuel rail so I removed the fuse for the fuel pump and ran it dry to remove the pressure. I also used a high lift floor jack to support the tank when I dropped and reinstalled the tank. Sal, the write up helped a great deal, thanks.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie View Post
    Just finished up my skid install. I ended up breaking all the retaining clips and the ones I found for replacements aren't quite the same but they worked and hold the lines. I broke the large EVAP clip at the back of the fuel tank with the 2 lines that branch off and have no replacement clip (wasn't supposed to come off, but it did........oops). The only other thing I ran into was the Hemi has no bleeder valve on the fuel rail so I removed the fuse for the fuel pump and ran it dry to remove the pressure. I also used a high lift floor jack to support the tank when I dropped and reinstalled the tank. Sal, the write up helped a great deal, thanks.
    The part number in the first post is from advanced auto they were a perfect match for the clips that came off my XK. Sorry to hear you broke that big clip I showed in the write up to leave that one connected did that come apart on accident or did you break it? Now that you're done is there anything I should add to this thread that can help future members out?

Other than having to bleed the fuel line pressure for the Hemi by pulling the fuel pump fuse and running the lines dry everything else is good.
    Old: 2006 Base, 4.7L, QT-II
    New: 2010 Sport, 5.7L, QT-II, Front Tow Hooks, Tow Package and 7 pin Mopar Harness ( Spliced 4 pin into harness), Mopar Skid Plates

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I just installed my tank. While i was at it I modified the tank to allow maximum flex down the road when i get sway bar discos and longer shocks.

Created a secondary How To thread here: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...ified-for-Flex
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 12-11-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information