3) T-Case Skid Plate: $47 From jparts
    4) Front Susp Skid Plate: $47 From jparts
    5) Fuel Tank Skid Plate : $180 From jparts
    6) Rock Rails 4xguard $549
    7) Diff Guard 4xguard $149
    8) Rear Sliders 4xguard $299

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Well done.

I can't wait to start chopping away at the armor list!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I know I finally can go wheeling and relax a little bit now. I just need to get some rock rails now.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Good use of the pic!

You should put a little green X next to the completed ones...

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Good use of the pic!

You should put a little green X next to the completed ones...
    thanks when I was looking at the pic you posted I just thought we should have one that showed were all the armor goes. I have 5 out of 8 now

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Just as a point of discussion. Maybe we should talk about priority, I realize this will vary depending on where you wheel, but..

I'd rank all the OEM skids and the Belly Guard highest and then the diff guard. Reason being any damage to what those skids protect and you aren't driving home (if its serious enough)
    I would put the rear sliders next from personal experience, I have lightly damaged the underside of my rear bumper. So I think this comes before the front skid in my book because the approach angle is better than the departure angle.

I think I would even put the rock rails before the front skid.

The only reason I see for getting the front skid before the others is the look and if you are a "momentum wheeler" for lack of a better term..

All of this of course is my personal opinion from what I've seen and done..

Those are some good points. I would say that the front skid protects vital mechanical parts though. You can get home if you rip your bumper off but if you smash into that radiator or the any of the lines it covers up your not going any further. The diff guard low priority the 8.25 is rock solid and can take some serious abuse and its reasonable to pick lines to keep the diff safe. I would say cover all mechanical parts first then protect the cosmetic's of the jeep. just a thought

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I've hit my diff, I haven't hit my front bumper. I figure in a "crawling" mode I'm not going to damage the radiator.. Once I'm on an obstacle all the other stuff is in harms way and I don't have as much control over speed as I do for first getting the front end up on top of it. Just some more justification for how I wheel and my reasoning.

I don't forsee anyone saying "I'm right you are wrong" but just in case this is going to be different for everyone and they should just read examples of what others have encountered and make their own judgment call on what is right for them.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I look at benefit/cost ratio.

I agree, the stock skids + belly guard is #1.

Next in my book is the front guard. It's very affordable and it prevents damage to radiator/condenser. In places i offroad where you have to drive through some water/mud, you're very prone to a large stick or something popping up and getting caught in that area (i've seen it happen).

Rock rails and rear sliders are 50/50 in my book.. depends on where you wheel and if you have a factory hitch. If you don't have a factory hitch, then the rear sliders double as recovery points and they take the lead.

That's my $02 anyway

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong here bro don't misunderstand me. Like you said its good to get everyones input on the subject because we also wheel in different environments so we have different needs. I can see your point a view as well but covering all the mechanical parts for me was important because you never know when you going to slip off that rock or how you will land when it happens. In Uwharrie I did just that but landed on a tree instead LOL no armor on the B pillar I've landed on the diff as well and after inspecting the damage or lack of damage I can say its real solid and has a lip to help prevent the cover from getting peeled back. Rock rails are next for me I have the 5 skids for underneath now and the rails are where I take a lot hits or where my running boards take a lot of hits

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information