I always make sure to have my very prominent hitch on my jeep. I've got a hitch that is a special drop down model that's adjustable via 3 large pins and the metal bar can hold all the weight of my jeep. I've come down on some rocks that would tear off my rear bumper but because I leave that on there it hits first and slides right off. This has protected my rear bumper from being torn off several times. (always sounds like you just killed the jeep when it lands on that hitch though and you get out and look and not a scratch on the jeep and some little ones on the super thick steel bar that makes up my hitch.

You can see here how it hangs. It's slid out to the second setting so it looks like it's hanging out a ways but i only do this to keep it from rattling while i'm on the road. I slide it in about 2-3 inches to second set of holes and it pushes up under the jeep more. This always hits before my factory slider area that goes around the spare tire area.

Works great as a rear bumper as well. If anyone hits that in a not too terrible manner, They'll have a ruined hood/front bumper and i'll feel a nudge.

I still want all other skids though!!! ANyone got some extra money?