Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    The rockers and the bottom of the doors are already in the production line of getting painted . I won't be doing the front guard I like the way it looks now. I'm still not sold on the painted grill yet maybe just doing the head light mod or something.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Sal, i found something for you.....

That's pretty cool but Direct TV's mobile antenna is a lot cheaper then that at $500 it's on my wish list...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Whew! just got through this build, nice work Sal. Im glad im not the only one who went to alloy unistrut type rails!

Dave
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

It is a long thread and I have so much left to do LOL. The first post is indexed all the mods are links so you can jump right to a mod your looking for.

Antenna Mount FireStik on 4xG mount

Ok I ordered my 4xG mount a long time ago and have been picking up all the pieces as I found them. I bought the KW3 Firesik antenna I think it will be a good fit for what I will use the CB for. For spread out trips like going to flag pole I might purchase a whip to swap out the 3' antenna with to get that greater reach.

1. I already had the coax ran to the back for my window antenna but I pulled enough slack at that install to go out back with it. All my slack was sitting in the side compartment and all I needed to do was drill a hole to get the wire out. I cut my connector off and just put a new one on so I could drill as small a hole as possible.

2. Then using a level and my eye I set the mount where I wanted it and marked the holes. I went lower then I wanted to but the way the jeep is shaped I kinda had no choice. The only way I found to get my antenna level and vertical using this mount was putting towards the bottom. I marked and pre-drilled and used some self tapping bolts. The screws I tried using at first I tore off the head so I had to cut it flat and drill the screw out because I wasn't moving my mount.

3. I used some dyelectric grease to put the antenna together not sure if I needed to or was suppose to but I did anyway.

4. I also added a ground wire to the bracket to insure I was grounded properly. I tapped into my ground for the lights and just dropped a jumper in this should insure I have a great ground.

That's pretty much it not to bad at all. I went to tune the antenna but realized I don't have a spare cable for my SWR meter so I will tune it later and update this post with the tune. I also picked up a spare metal antenna for the k40 on the XJ so I'll be tuning that as well. Ok more pics

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Cool, thanks for all the pics too
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking good sir
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Cool, thanks for all the pics too
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    Looking good sir
    Thanks guys the parts are stacking up in the garage I just need more time to get stuff done.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Thanks guys the parts are stacking up in the garage I just need more time to get stuff done.

I know the feeling I have so many things I want to do, but just got out of the wheel chair the other day so still not able to be able to reach the top of the jeep or able to make the mods I want to do. Should be able to soon & then I will post up the ones I want to do.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread Information