Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Well I cleared 18MPG going this morning I've never come close to those numbers. That's an extra 5MPG from where I started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    music to my ears. It's funny how we all obviously didn't buy our Jeeps for there fantastic MPG's... but when you can take your fun rig out and still get DECENT mileage... now that's a win.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    More numbers LOL I should say my normal route that gave me 18MPG today is mostly 60MPH kinda hilly not flat by any means but I only had 2 stop lights hit them both and 2 stop signs. So that's four 0-60 starts for me and I take my time doing it to LOL now today I went home a different route lots of stop lights speeds were fro
    45-55 MPH the hole way. I did get caught by several lights but still got 16MPG oh and I mounted the programmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 02-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty EvilJager's Avatar
    Nice ive been thinking of using a cell phons holder to mount mine on that side too. But a
    Thinking of getting a new programmer.

Do you leave yours plugged in all the time?
    JBA
    4XG
    S4XC

Quote Originally Posted by EvilJager View Post
    Nice ive been thinking of using a cell phons holder to mount mine on that side too. But a
    Thinking of getting a new programmer.

Do you leave yours plugged in all the time?
    Right now I am leaving it plugged in it powers down after a few minuets once you shut the jeep off then just hit any button and it pops back on. I had gift card from the holidays still so went to bestbuy and picked that one up for $26 it was the only they had in there to.

Added the LED tail lights to the rear bumper. Putting these in the XK is simple and straight forward no issues and pretty easy. Putting these in the WK is a giant PITA to say the least. The WK has some support pieces in the way behind the bumper that needed to be ground a way.

Pretty much straight forward just measure and cut. I recommend cutting slightly smaller and testing fitting and continue until you get a good tight fit.

Wiring is pretty straight forward you have a couple of options I guess I just tapped into tow package in back. For AJ I tapped in and extended his 4 prong trailer plug because he uses his. On mine I use the 7 prong so the 4 was just hanging behind my tow package so I just cut and tapped into that and all done.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Looks good man and I'm sure it adds to the safety factor for other drivers. It matches your color scheme too.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I would like to do something like that, but instead of brake lights make more powerful reverse lights.... hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I would like to do something like that, but instead of brake lights make more powerful reverse lights.... hmmm....
    AJ had some LED reverse lights that I was pretty impressed with. Throw those on with the lights I have up top I think that would do it for me.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Where'd you the the lights from?

I'd probably throw a little pushbutton switch on the shifter that way i could control the reverse lights separately, but make it somewhat intuitive while im shifting in/out of reverse. This will have to be my next mod. It'll really come in hand for my OBX trip this summer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Where'd you the the lights from?

I'd probably throw a little pushbutton switch on the shifter that way i could control the reverse lights separately, but make it somewhat intuitive while im shifting in/out of reverse. This will have to be my next mod. It'll really come in hand for my OBX trip this summer too.
    Your going to have AJ that he supplied the lights for me!

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread Information