Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    No immediate rush... lol its not going to cause your engine to blow up or anything. Since you're already planning on piping it in, just do it when you planned on it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    DUDE LOL I was getting ready to run and get a short pipe to add on to get it tied in. I haven't solved all the issues with my plan yet so thats why it ain't done yet.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    LMAO. Sorry man, reading back i guess it does read pretty bad.

Ya you had me nervous for second there LOL

New storage box (jack area)

So hoaxci5 posts last night on JeepForum about making a storage box from the jack area. So I'm like great idea so today I took a crack at it. Now look before you guys say anything about it keep in mine it cost me $2.50 so far and thats for the hinges. I grabbed what ever I had laying around the house to put this together and so far I'm thrilled with it. Ok so here are the pics.

Removed the jack and the stock storage box for it.

I decided not to make an actual box for a few reasons. One it would probably cost me money. Second that area is not square and has lots of things in it to build around which meant I would have had to make a much smaller box then the space that is available.

Ok so I have it down to bare bones and now understand what hoaxci5 was talking about with support.

I decided to go with a hinged lid so I fitted a piece of wood to anchor and attach the lid to. I also decided to paint every think black until I figure out what to cover it with.

I got the two pieces connected with hinges and was looking good.

I had to make some adjustments to make it work

Then I decided to add a back to it keep things in place, it's left over laminate wood flooring LOL. It served a second purpose of adding support to the thing as well.

So this is it fully loaded

Here is a shot of all the stuff I have in it right now. I was able to get rid of my tool box I carried as well

I still have to make a front face for it, it got late so I'll have to go back and do it later.

Behind the storage box where the third row goes I built a frame to hold stuff I need. Nothing fancy just using scrap wood I had made the frame. It keeps stuff from sliding side to side and with some bungee cords stuff stays down to. The bungee on the tool box is just extra the box stays put and the drawers stay shut to. I had the tool box just bungee corded in but I found it a PITA to use the tools because I had to pull the cords off then pull the box out and find a flat spot to set it down. This should solve all that.

All the drawers clear the stuff mounted in front I have it as far towards the hatch as possible so I don't have to reach to far.

I decided to screw the tool box down instead of messing with bungee cords. This way while off road it will stay put.

Last edited by Sal-XK; 12-21-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    No doubt, bro. I have so many project ideas that I don't know where to start. Keep an eye out on this forum for some "upgrades" comming soon. The big brown box decided to stop by the house today, so I'm stoked.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Member Looking for Dirt
    Nice rig Sal, what size is your roof basket, i saw 3 different size by Rage on the web site, also in one of the pics on the passenger side you have a awning or is it a tarp? Summer, fishing and camping is around the corner and i need more space to haul and shade for a cold drink.

I have a running review and write up of my basket CLICK HERE If what you need is not in there let me know and I'll help you out.

Member Looking for Dirt
    62.5 x 45, thanks for the quick reply, in the pic do you have a awning set up or just a normal tarp

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information