Quote Originally Posted by Roguecommander View Post
Don't know much about this, but is a catch can a universal thing and can you just go ask for one at an auto store?
Yes and no. They're universal in that every (modern) car is capable of using one. However, they aren't universal because different cars have different-sized PCV lines. The most complex thing would be mounting them. That's why, if you look for a Billet Technology oil catch can, they might not have a specific application for your vehicle. That's what I ran into when I first started looking at buying one. Basically, I figured if I was going to have to fabricate my own bracket, I might as well save $200 and build the whole thing myself.
Granted, the OCC in the above video isn't quite as high tech as the Billet Tech version, but it will still catch more oil than a straight hose.
The problem with the above video is that I don't think the 1/4" barb fittings will work for our slightly larger PCV hoses. I've built my OCC with the exception of a scouring pad (which acts as a baffle). Once I find a pad, I'll see about installing the sucker. Pics when I do.

2005 JGC 5.7L
K&N 57 series CAI
everything else is stock... for now 😉