Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Some pics of the damage to my spindle and axle nut someone was beating on this with a hammer only one shop has touched this jeep since I owned it and from what I've seen it was probably them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Sal, can you do me a huge favor and take a picture of how much clearance you have between your tires and the upper ball joint/spindle. I was looking at my XK tonight and was thinking that with the 285s i just ordered it might be close. The wheel I bought have 4.5 inches of back spacing which would be the same as you running stock wheels with 1.5 inch wheel spacers. When I say the same im referring to the clearance between the tire and the spindle/ball joint. Thanks
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

You always ask when it's dark out LOL hope these work for ya let me know.

Perfect. If I have that same amount of clearance i'll be set. I was a little worried today when I was looking at my Jeep.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Perfect. If I have that same amount of clearance i'll be set. I was a little worried today when I was looking at my Jeep.
    Ya with that back space or spacers there is lots of room. I still haven't solved the clearance issues in the back what do you have planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Ya with that back space or spacers there is lots of room. I still haven't solved the clearance issues in the back what do you have planned?
    Well I just got (2) 1 inch performance accessories body lift spacers from the local off road shop that I'm going to use as bump stop spacers. The 4 inch BDS lift uses them in the rear but uses 2 inch spacers. I'll probably install them Friday night. Once that's done ill be cutting 1/2 inch off the flare all the way around. That should fix any issues in the rear. For the front I'm going to do what u did but only take off an inch all the way around. The tires and wheels will be on this weekend so ill post pictures by Saturday night.

Thread Information