Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Awesome man thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.
    There's a diy version as well, if you're not inclined to spend $200 on a shiny one.

http://youtu.be/SWhsMsRmYzs

That's the method I plan to employ, only I intend to fashion a mount for mine with a scrap metal plate and a d-ring on my strut bar. The advantage to using the Home Depot air compressor filter is that you can see the level.

2005 JGC 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI
    everything else is stock... for now 😉

Member Looking for Dirt
    Don't know much about this, but is a catch can a universal thing and can you just go ask for one at an auto store?

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Roguecommander View Post
    Don't know much about this, but is a catch can a universal thing and can you just go ask for one at an auto store?
    Yes and no. They're universal in that every (modern) car is capable of using one. However, they aren't universal because different cars have different-sized PCV lines. The most complex thing would be mounting them. That's why, if you look for a Billet Technology oil catch can, they might not have a specific application for your vehicle. That's what I ran into when I first started looking at buying one. Basically, I figured if I was going to have to fabricate my own bracket, I might as well save $200 and build the whole thing myself.
    Granted, the OCC in the above video isn't quite as high tech as the Billet Tech version, but it will still catch more oil than a straight hose.
    The problem with the above video is that I don't think the 1/4" barb fittings will work for our slightly larger PCV hoses. I've built my OCC with the exception of a scouring pad (which acts as a baffle). Once I find a pad, I'll see about installing the sucker. Pics when I do.

2005 JGC 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    UPR has them for less than $100 and is great quality, that's what I used on my Ram... I personally like that extra "bling" it gives under the hood, not to fancy or cheesey, functional and you have the choice of colors, you can even go red Sal! Look into UPR on amazon great deal and great customer service! They updated the drain and reached out to me after my purchase to send me their new design.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    UPR has them for less than $100 and is great quality, that's what I used on my Ram... I personally like that extra "bling" it gives under the hood, not to fancy or cheesey, functional and you have the choice of colors, you can even go red Sal! Look into UPR on amazon great deal and great customer service! They updated the drain and reached out to me after my purchase to send me their new design.
    Oh, that's cool. I think I'll check them out, too. Thanks for the tip!

2005 JGC 5.7L
    K&N 57 series CAI

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post

I'll check that out thanks.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Holiday Jones's Avatar
    I know this was forever ago, but when you took your flares off to cut them, did you get them off without breaking the clips somehow, or did you just buy new clips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday Jones View Post
    I know this was forever ago, but when you took your flares off to cut them, did you get them off without breaking the clips somehow, or did you just buy new clips?

I got mine of without breaking them. It's not hard if you take your time. I did break some but considering how many times I took my bumpers and flares off its not many at all. I just grabbed some at Lowes when I did break one.

Yeah I used a pick to pop the clips out, and actually got most of them. I'm going to make some inner fenders of sheet metal I think, And then do the same flare mod you did.

200 Army Green Commander Limited. HEMI. QuadraDriveII!!!! 4xGuard Matrix, 3/4" D-rings, 2" Rough Country Lift, 255/75/17 BFG M/T, 1.25" wheel spacers.

Sal-XK's Garage

I went through a mud hole yesterday, and I didn't secure the passenger inner fender well back when I did the pinch weld, and the wheel tore out the inner fender and flare , so gives me a excuse to do the mod

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread Information