Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I like the looks of it soo far!!!

Can't wait to see the rest!
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Sal, you should get flat fenders!!!
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I'm about done modding for the season. The rest of my budget will be for traveling and going wheeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'm about done modding for the season. The rest of my budget will be for traveling and going wheeling

Yeah you and me both, lol. (Kinda) I still need to get a track bar.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Sal, you are going to put wheel wells back in though...right? Phunkey and a few others hydrolocked because they didnt have the well covers or there was a hole that aloowed water in.

I don't have a CAI anymore though. The stock box is water tight so I still need to suck water from the front so I should be good. Either way I'm going to check out that rubber stuff Toby was talking abut and maybe use that to close the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I don't have a CAI anymore though. The stock box is water tight so I still need to suck water from the front so I should be good. Either way I'm going to check out that rubber stuff Toby was talking abut and maybe use that to close the gaps.

That rubber stuff should work. It'll at least keep it cleaner inside the engine bay. You know, you could get some short stainless steel bolts and drill holes in the metal part of your fender well and mount the rubber pieces. You can also cut the rubber in smaller pieces and hook them together with the bolts. Add some big washers so the bolts don't rub a hole through the rubber.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    There's never really enough water at Uwharrie to hydrlock the engine. It's so hilly, and they do a good job of run-off/erosion management there. Most of the water will run off into nearby creaks. then they lay logs parallel with the stream to allow water follow and also allow vehicles to cross the creek without disrupting the flow so much. There's always been very little water to worry about, the mud was just slippery as hell when it rains.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Sal, you are going to put wheel wells back in though...right? Phunkey and a few others hydrolocked because they didnt have the well covers or there was a hole that aloowed water in.
    When did phunkey hydrolock his XK? I have a snorkel so I'm not worried....I just don't want all the mud going in my engine compartment.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Ok I snapped a bunch of pics while I was waiting to leave for dinner so if I promised a shot and missed it let me know.

Pinch weld and removed rear heater hose That's a penny it almost disappears in the tread not sure why it came out blurry but I was in a rush.

Last edited by Sal-XK; 03-16-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread Information