Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Caleb, It's all good I feel the same way you just have to get out on the trail with them and show them whats up but it sounds like guys I wouldn't want to wheel with anyway. I had a vision of what it would look like and barring any mistakes I knew it would look better then stock but it turned out better then I thought. I'm expecting the front guard to finish that look off.

My armor from 4xGuard will be here tomorrow!!!!!!! I ordered it sunday afternoon they said 3-5 days processing then shipping. Well, great job to them because looks like I'm going to get my stuff at my door in 3 business days from order to arrival thats pretty darn good.

4xGuard Skids

Went out to install my new 4xguard front and belly skids today. First once again I got my shipment fast it arrived in three business days. I started on the belly guard first I had one friend over who had helped me cut up the front bumper and stuff. Once I figured out which bolts went where it wasn't to bad at all. Except for the bolt on the passenger side that comes with the stick thing (nut on a stick) that you hold and it has a threaded hole to bolt the skid up. Great idea but I couldn't hold or put enough pressure downward to get the thread bolted in, it would just push the nut on a stick away. I used a string that I looped threw the so I could pull down on the stick to keep the nut part in place.

Now on to the front skid. Some issues installing this which I thought it would be the easiest one to do. The hose relocation bracket didn't work out the sway bar was in the way. The funny part is I ended up putting the hose bracket right back where it belonged the stock location worked fine. Slightly disappointed that some of the hardware wasn't grade 5 not sure what class it was. Reusing the bottom bumper bolts made me uncomfortable when paired with the self tapping bolts that came with it. I over do everything so this is just me I decided not to use the self tapping screws and just drilled my own holes and used grade 5 nuts and bolts with a healthy heaping of Lock tight the red bottle. While I was at it I turned my hooks upside down (Grade 8 hardware) not happy I had to but they didn't fit any other way. So I trimmed and mounted the bumper what seemed like several times, the hooks just kept hitting the bumper.

Any way took a couple of hours wasn't hard and I had fun doing it. The skids look awesome and gave the XK a new look a meaner look especially with my trimmed bumper. The belly guard lined up perfectly with all the holes the front skid did as well. So now I can't wait to get out and put these threw some abuse

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I am glad to see you added 4XGuard to your rig so I could see what mine would look like. Now my problem is I think you have added another project to my "to do" list. That looks awesome and I want it!
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is your concern about the hooks being pointed down that the strap may slide off ? Try to fab a little spring clip like this. Seems pretty simple and would do the trick.
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Thats exactly my concern and that is a good idea. Great now my bumper has to come off again LOL

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    lol
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Thread Information