Went out to install my new 4xguard front and belly skids today. First once again I got my shipment fast it arrived in three business days. I started on the belly guard first I had one friend over who had helped me cut up the front bumper and stuff. Once I figured out which bolts went where it wasn't to bad at all. Except for the bolt on the passenger side that comes with the stick thing (nut on a stick) that you hold and it has a threaded hole to bolt the skid up. Great idea but I couldn't hold or put enough pressure downward to get the thread bolted in, it would just push the nut on a stick away. I used a string that I looped threw the so I could pull down on the stick to keep the nut part in place.

Now on to the front skid. Some issues installing this which I thought it would be the easiest one to do. The hose relocation bracket didn't work out the sway bar was in the way. The funny part is I ended up putting the hose bracket right back where it belonged the stock location worked fine. Slightly disappointed that some of the hardware wasn't grade 5 not sure what class it was. Reusing the bottom bumper bolts made me uncomfortable when paired with the self tapping bolts that came with it. I over do everything so this is just me I decided not to use the self tapping screws and just drilled my own holes and used grade 5 nuts and bolts with a healthy heaping of Lock tight the red bottle. While I was at it I turned my hooks upside down (Grade 8 hardware) not happy I had to but they didn't fit any other way. So I trimmed and mounted the bumper what seemed like several times, the hooks just kept hitting the bumper.

Any way took a couple of hours wasn't hard and I had fun doing it. The skids look awesome and gave the XK a new look a meaner look especially with my trimmed bumper. The belly guard lined up perfectly with all the holes the front skid did as well. So now I can't wait to get out and put these threw some abuse