Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    As some of you may know I have been planing to make my own intake out of the stock one making it more water resistant. So I spent last night modifying my XK I put my recovery hooks in as well.

So I pulled the intake out and sure enough my filter once again has mud on it

This is what I'm talking about the stock system is just junk. Well after some thinking and fitting and I decided my plan won't work the way I wanted it to. The open space is perfect for a spare battery which is more important to me. So I came up with plan B. Not my best idea but it will get me by until I can get some pipe bent to put the filter where I want it some where in the back along the fire wall.

I know it will be sucking in hot air but as long as its dry air I don't care at this point. I'm guessing a little hot air is better then hydro locking the engine. That was my third filter since May 2010 and I avoid mud as much as possible thats what kills me.

OK so I also got around to installing the front hooks Don sent me.

I used all Grade 8 hard ware and lock tight on the threads. The bolt closest to the front had to be drilled there was no hole.

So you have to take the grill and bumper off to do these little things no big deal. But I really liked the way my XK looked with out that giant plastic bumper. chop the fenders and your good.

So that got me thinking so I decided to trim the front bumper to better match the style of the XK and my own taste.

This is the direction I'm headed in at present the wheel can approach a 15" rock after the cutting I should be able to approach a 25" rock

So far this is where we stopped cutting and like were it's at for now until we get out of the garage and get a good look at how it looks.

I'm not done my friend is coming back this morning to help me finish up but we think we have what were looking for. We still might cut more not sure won't be able to tell untill both sides are done and I can get a good look at it.

more pictures and stuff are here in this threa
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 04-18-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Thread Information