Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Looking good Sal! I'm ready to fire up the sawzall after seeing the extra rock clearance there. Just waiting to get the XK back with all new innards in the tranny and I'll lop off the edges off the bumper. I might take a bit off the back of the front fenderwell as well.
    It really gave the Jeep a better look IMO and the extra approach height is pretty cool.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Looking good Sal! I'm ready to fire up the sawzall after seeing the extra rock clearance there.
    The nice thing is that the bumper plastic is so soft you can cut it with an axacto knife.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Was just thinking that the 4xGuard Front would make that look pretty nice and remembered you said you were getting some gear for you birthday including that. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the guard on it.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    That cut looks awfully familiar to the one you did for the ZJ. I was looking at some other cuts, Sal. Some people have cut that bumper with the radiator entirely exposed. I know my ZJ is to become a dedicated trail rig.. But I don't think i'll be going that route. I'm pleased with our turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    I vote color match. The bumper color looks great but I think it would be to heavy to carry over to the grill.
    I might have to play with the photo shop a little bit now and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    That cut looks awfully familiar to the one you did for the ZJ. I was looking at some other cuts, Sal. Some people have cut that bumper with the radiator entirely exposed. I know my ZJ is to become a dedicated trail rig.. But I don't think i'll be going that route. I'm pleased with our turnout.
    There's a reason why when it was time to cut your bumper we put all the tools down grabbed a beer and stared at the lines for about an hour.

Ok i played with the photo shop a little bit not my best work but it gives me an idea of what it would look like.

removed my sway bar completely since I haven't had it connected for awhile. I weighed it as well it was 11LBS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added a sticker and dropped my spare today to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    So are you disconnected in front also? or just have the rear sway bar removed?
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    So are you disconnected in front also? or just have the rear sway bar removed?
    No I haven't done the front yet. I will at some point though try it out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information