Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Looking good Sal! I'm ready to fire up the sawzall after seeing the extra rock clearance there. Just waiting to get the XK back with all new innards in the tranny and I'll lop off the edges off the bumper. I might take a bit off the back of the front fenderwell as well.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Looking good Sal! I'm ready to fire up the sawzall after seeing the extra rock clearance there. Just waiting to get the XK back with all new innards in the tranny and I'll lop off the edges off the bumper. I might take a bit off the back of the front fenderwell as well.
    It really gave the Jeep a better look IMO and the extra approach height is pretty cool.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Looking good Sal! I'm ready to fire up the sawzall after seeing the extra rock clearance there.
    The nice thing is that the bumper plastic is so soft you can cut it with an axacto knife.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Was just thinking that the 4xGuard Front would make that look pretty nice and remembered you said you were getting some gear for you birthday including that. I can't wait to see what it looks like with the guard on it.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

I ordered the front guard and belly guard yesterday so we will see soon, I think it will look good as well. I used my jig saw and dremal tool to do this. I briefly used a exacto knife it worked but the power tools worked faster and more accurate. I'll post up as soon as they come in here. This is the only garage I'm updating for now on I won't post my mods on the other site anymore. Besides I made the admin dude mad at me we'll see if I get banned then Don will be proud of me LOL

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Besides I made the admin dude mad at me we'll see if I get banned then Don will be proud of me LOL
    You must have worked hard to get an admin to notice you
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    You must have worked hard to get an admin to notice you
    LOL it was easier than I thought I was hitting that little report icon on about 30 posts I found LMAO and got a email that I was abusing the report system and could be banned for it. So I wrote back probably shouldn't have You may have notice my last few mods were not posted on the other site so I already made the choice to do that anyway no more double posting for me that place stinks. I also moved the official EC-CC over here before this as well. To many wankers over there all the dudes serious about modifying there jeeps and having real conversations about the jeeps are over here anyway. I was just hanging around trying to give some advice and guide some deserving people to the other side. I mean look at our members over here almost every one of us have modified our jeeps or plan on it. So IMO this is were the big boys hand out. I don't need to listen someone complain in every post about how he hates his XK and starts arguments all the time and gets to stay around because he technically didn't violate a rule. The way I see it people like me and the members here who actually mod and off road and go on adventures with our XK are the ones that make the forum what it is and draws the members in and keeps them around. So I will not help contribute to that any more. sorry rant over, at least I'm crudding up my own thread this time LOL.

The email- You only need to report this once. This is an abuse of the post reporting system. Future abuse will result in a ban.

----

Jay Carter
    AutoForums.Com Support
    TriangleCycling.Com Webmaster

My reply- Ok well I was reporting his individual posts, I've reported dozens of them but only once some in the same thread most in different threads. I'm not trying to abusing the system. If this results in a ban then so be it, my intentions were after other members have complained with no results was to send all his argumentative and rude posts to you.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 02-07-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    I'm the same way. For a while, I posted to ''the other'' too, but soon quit bothering.

I started out on the JeepForum.com a while back, but quickly got tired of the Commander/Cherokee/Liberty/Compass/fill-in-your-model-here isn't a real Jeep crap, and bailed. The attitude is the Wrangler is the only ''real' Jeep. Well, pardon me, but the XK has 21st century computer controlled running gear underneath, whereas the 'real' Jeeps have 1940's running gear with traction control tacked on as an afterthought. I've climbed ditch banks, and the Commander hardly even disturbs the dirt. How does that compare to a manual shift part time system? 'Real Jeep' my (insert the common synonym for donkey here)
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I'm going to be honest with you Sal.............. At first look/read I was thinking to myself, "wow he's going to ruin his bumper". Then after seeing the finished (or semi-finished) product, I was like "Damn that looks awsome". I can't wait to see it with the skids on it! Great job, bro keep the mods coming.

On a side note..........I had joined a local Jeep forum with a bunch of guys in my area. None exept for maybe two of them have paid me any attention because I drive an XK. They all have CJ, QJ, BJ, whatever they are called and don't believe my XK is a real Jeep. It's a shame that I can't even hang out with these guys in my own town because of the critizism and idioticy of "A Real Jeep". Honestly, I don't really give a crap, I rather hang out with you guys any day. Sorry for the rant in your thread Sal, I'll remove it on your request.

Caleb
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Caleb, It's all good I feel the same way you just have to get out on the trail with them and show them whats up but it sounds like guys I wouldn't want to wheel with anyway. I had a vision of what it would look like and barring any mistakes I knew it would look better then stock but it turned out better then I thought. I'm expecting the front guard to finish that look off.

My armor from 4xGuard will be here tomorrow!!!!!!! I ordered it sunday afternoon they said 3-5 days processing then shipping. Well, great job to them because looks like I'm going to get my stuff at my door in 3 business days from order to arrival thats pretty darn good.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information