Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    Gotta say, your XK and your willing to go outside the norm and not accept a cookie cutter Jeep is what brought me to this site. Keep up the good work Sal!
    Thanks man I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I joined here after sal took his doors off...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I joined here after sal took his doors off...
    Thats how I roll! LOL

I finally got around to making a new wind deflector for my basket. I had a sheet of metal laying around so we cut out a shape hammered it flat put some holes in it and a little paint and it's all done. I just need to test it on the road now to see if the metal was thick enough. I used bolts six of them to secure it I'll get pics of that when I can.

So I stopped at the truck stop for coffee this morning come out to start the jeep and something didn't seem right. I didn't think anything of it but went to leave today and the jeep struggled to get started So after a very long day I had to stop to get a new battery First stop I made and I knew better but did it anyway and pulled into an auto-zone. Now I did forget yellow top don't list our jeep but I told the guy I need a yellow top for my jeep. No problem and he takes off LOL comes back and starts ringing up this huge black battery and yes it has some yellow on top of it hahahahah I said wait what is this I said yellow top he says ya OMG dude Optima bro Oh he says I thought you meant our brand OMG. I said listen bro yellow top is an optima brand just because you have some yellow on top of yours you can't be calling it a yellow top man. So genius looks at the computer and says well they don't make one for your Jeep DoH my bad quick holster pull on the phone fire up tapatalk and bam dude give me a d34 or d35 crazy look on dudes face LOL Yes I have one ok great oh wait your going to be mad he says. The only one I have is marked sept 2011 hahaahahahah ah man my day is going great. I calmly say no big deal man and walk out go down the street to the O Riley's were I should of stop at in the first place and got hooked up. Auto-zone always busy long lines not great customer service rarely friendly. O Riley's clean stores great customer service and usually knowledgeable people. Well at least I have yellow top bringing my jeep to life now

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I said listen bro yellow top is an optima brand just because you have some yellow on top of yours you can't be calling it a yellow top man.
    Almost spit out my drink when i read this. lol nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Almost spit out my drink when i read this. lol nice!!!
    Ya I was a little insulted when he pulled that move bro. If I didn't know what I was talking about he would of ripped me off and sold some duralast junk giant 200lb POS!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I dont like these auto-parts store people either, 99% of them have no idea about cars, hell I called for a bump stop and the guy goes whats that?!? And got to love when buying some detail supplies and they try instructing you how to use the completely wrong way.. Worthless
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    I dont like these auto-parts store people either, 99% of them have no idea about cars, hell I called for a bump stop and the guy goes whats that?!? And got to love when buying some detail supplies and they try instructing you how to use the completely wrong way.. Worthless
    I can top that..... I've had idiots argue with me about stuff and their claim to fame for the reason they are "right" is because "hey man, i work at autozone".... hahahahahaha, yeah buddy, good luck with that

Member Looking for Dirt T1RKaZz's Avatar
    You think auto zone would give a crap about how it makes them look and teach them the basics or at least teach them to shut up and listen

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread Information