Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Careful when you pull on those hooks. When I was offroad the other day and had the transmission problem i had to have a little pull. You have to pull straight forward on the hooks or they will twist some. I tried to tie one rope around both and that was a bad idea. It pulled them both towards the center in a sideways fashion. I switched the rope up and pulled with one only and that one straightened back out and was able to hold the weight of the entire vehicle going uphill.
    What actually twisted? If my hooks did twist they would bend the cross brace they are mounted too. If you can go into more detail on what actually twisted so I can reinforce mine maybe thanks.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Let me know if you need something different I'll take some. It does cover the bottom of the bumper.
    This pic will do. I don't like how you can see all the "guts" of the vehicle from the side profile shot. Maybe if there was a piece of molded plastic that would come up from the lower front to the bottom of the cut bumper (below the fogs). Am I making any sence, it's hard for me to explain what I'm thinking, LOL.

Otherwise, your mod is sick! (In a good way)
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    BTW, this is for anyone that has the 2" lift. If you spray the upper balljoint arm with some black paint, it literly disappears to the eye. I did this 'cause every time I looked at my Jeep, that's the first thing that got my attention. I'm much happier now, just some info.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

No I agree but I went with function over anything else and considering it looks good except at a few angles I was happy. Standing up you don't see as much as in the pic where I was holding the camera 2' off the ground. Thanks for the compliments I really like how it turned out.

Senior Member Getting Dirty NeilSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Let me know if you need something different I'll take some. It does cover the bottom of the bumper.
    Sal, my only issue is catching a fallen branch or stick on one of those exposed lines. The bumper cover does protect things like that to some degree. By the way, see if your added clearance will allow you to run over that bike. LOL !!
    '07 Commander 3.7 V6
    2" Rough Country Lift with Vision Warriors and Goodyear Duratracs 245/75R17
    BajaRack Mega-Mule with KC Daylighters
    http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20

Here are some more pics

Straight on passenger side. As you can see there is nothing to hit but the tire or the suspension it's self, all the stuff sits behind the skid.

This is the driver side straight on. The only thing that can be hit here is the washer fluid pump/tank. Nothing else sticks out,

A better shot of the front skid lower bumper.

For anything to get hit beside the washer fluid stuff something will have to come at me sideways. Its hard to tell in the pics but the washer fluid tank is the only thing really at risk here. I will look into relocating it when I have time. I will also look into closing up those sides maybe with what I have no idea hopefully I'll think of something to give it a try.

On a side note I got quoted 15 hundo for a front bumper today maybe I'll give that a try. The guy told me that he is doing a solid axle conversion on an XK very soon and has ordered the axle already He says he sends the computers out to get reprogrammed when he does stuff like this. He also said the owner wants to fit 38" tires. There doing the front conversion coil over as well as the back is getting lots of work for 8" lift I guess. Yes I did ask how much will this cost, He said about 6k which included the lift and the rear end work. That don't seem bad considering what the guy is getting. I told him to keep me in the loop if he could because I was very interested in this if nothing else but to be able to write about it on here. Also when I pulled in there was a freshly lifted XK getting ready to leave until he saw me of course so we BS around a little. So the forum should be getting a new member soon as well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Sorry for taking so long on the reply. Ive been out of town. They didn't actually change the shape of the frame/unibody but twisted the area where they are mounted. Kind of hard to explain. How bout a picture:

Would have helped to have thicker steel plate behind the nuts or the factory mount plate sad to say. Mine are mounted slightly different than yours but very similar still. Just make sure to pull straight ahead with seperate straps.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Did you mount yours in the crash can? Thats where I mounted mine, thats why I was saying with the grad 8 hardware my unibody frame would have to twist to turn thees. I think I will get some steel plates maybe and re-enforce that area.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Did you mount yours in the crash can? Thats where I mounted mine, thats why I was saying with the grad 8 hardware my unibody frame would have to twist to turn thees. I think I will get some steel plates maybe and re-enforce that area.
    Just took a second look at yours and I think they are mounted the same way. A steel plate backing would keep this from twisting. It didn't change my frame's overall shape but just twisted teh metal in that local area. My other hook is straight cause it was pulled on by itself and it twisted back. I'll have to reinforce this somehow.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread Information