Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Hey guys just updating my thread with my latest Jeep! I've been keeping up with all the activity on here I still read just about every thread and still interact with XK/WK people on my jeep page and you tube. Anyway I wanted to get back to jeeping again so after a couple of months of looking and almost a 3hr drive I finally found one. 1989 YJ with the inline 6 3seep auto not thrilled about that one. It has 4" lift on 33x12.5x15. It's a pretty clean Jeep of its age and nobody gives me weird looks when I take the doors off LOL

The wife even jumped in and helped with cleaning it up!

As you can see for a 25 year Jeep its still pretty clean and it passed inspection too.

Anyway thats about I do have build plan of course LOL but I'm starting will all the OEM parts first. Going to make it a really nice dependable DD then move onto the rock crawling mods.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P12948709.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	2255  

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Welcome back Sal!!! Good to see youre back in a Jeep looking forward to the progress on this one
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hell yeah welcome back bud!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    How are you going to grab the door handle when off camber?

Welcome home!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Welcome back!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Welcome back Sal!!! Good to see youre back in a Jeep looking forward to the progress on this one
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Hell yeah welcome back bud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Welcome back!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    How are you going to grab the door handle when off camber?

Welcome home!
    LOL Not sure what I'll do. Probably looking retarded reaching for a door handle that isn't their.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Welcome back Sir, glad to see you have got another jeep. Can not wait to see what you do with this one.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Put a bit of work into the YJ over the past couple weeks. First thing I tackled were the brakes with new master cylinder, brake booster, brake switch, front calipers and pads. I still need to put new pads on the rear and I have a new power steering pump sitting on the floor waiting for an ambitious day. I also removed and fixed the carb and put it back on correctly LOL. Then on to making it look a little better.

Sanded and repainted both bumpers and replaced all the hardware with new grade 5 stuff.

Front bumper.

Pulled the battery tray out and cut it up to fit this monster under the hood.

Pulled the hood hinges and painted them with new hardware and did the center of the hood.

Then did the windshield hinges and door hinges.

Then after much testing I realized why nothing would stick to my fender flares, because its rubber LOL a couple of cans of plasti dip solved that problem.

I think that's it for now, I might have forgotten something. I'll be order new mounts soon for the motor, tranny and transfer case.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Bet it feels nice working on a Jeep again!! Looking forward to progress with this one
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Bet it feels nice working on a Jeep again!! Looking forward to progress with this one
    It was really nice busting out the tools and stuff again

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread Information