Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread: Sal-XK's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
    Glad to see you back in an XK man!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Would you be interested in my wheels/tires (set of 5)? I might be picking up a different set from a local jeep club member, just need to test fit them. The red inserts on my wheels can be swapped out for the chrome ones (i have them too) in case it clashes with your color.

I also have Corey's 2010 Hemi XK struts/springs with RC lift spacers collecting dust in my yard. I'm sure he wouldn't mind them going to a legend such as yourself (i'll double check when he comes over this weekend for some work at tha shop). Then you'd just need to get a spacer or springs for the rear and you'll be set for a bit
    With the holidays sneaking in and my YJ needing an new set of tires among other things I might not be ready for tires on the XK, since the ones I have are new. I saw a guy selling spacers on facebook for $100. I just need to see what my YJ will need to be finished because I need to drive that right now. Getting rid of the VW puts the wife in the XK for now. I also have either the yellow wire issue or need a new starter on the XK. I might just put a new starter in if I have to do all the work to get in there. Also waiting for this noise I hear to get worse so I can figure out whats failing. The rebuilt rear axle took 80% of the noise away but I still feel and hear a slight drive line whine. With all that I'm being pretty tight with my money right now. I can't wait for all this to play out so I can move forward.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Roger that man. Figured I'd ask you before throwing them up online.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Roger that man. Figured I'd ask you before throwing them up online.
    No problem man I appreciate the offer. But when I calculated all those repairs with the holidays and six people flying in this year my knees almost buckled LMAO

I did the plugs yesterday finally. I'm almost done I maintenance items. I've treated it like its never been serviced ever so it been a lot of work. I guessing these were the origanal plugs that came with the Jeep. I was pretty happy with their condition. None of them had oil or real bad carbon build up and all of them were wore out pretty even at .050 gap.

I still have the throttle body and stuff to clean and change the PCV. It looks like it might be pretty gunked up in their I'm almost afraid to look. Might just order a new one LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    The TB is easy to clean, get an old tooth brush, cut top of bottle of water and fill with rubbing alcohol. Soak the tooth brush in the alcohol and start scrubbing it. Its the safest and best way to clean it!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    The TB is easy to clean, get an old tooth brush, cut top of bottle of water and fill with rubbing alcohol. Soak the tooth brush in the alcohol and start scrubbing it. Its the safest and best way to clean it!
    It's kinda stiff I didn't feel like messing with it. Was thinking of doing the catch can and that at the same time. The PCV valve didn't want to turn by hand either. It was to late in the day to be forcing stuff in case I broke something.

Id be shocked if yours needed to be replaced anyway. Neither my XK or Ram ones were in need of replacement and with the catch can installed it kind of helps not having to worry about it as much
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Id be shocked if yours needed to be replaced anyway. Neither my XK or Ram ones were in need of replacement and with the catch can installed it kind of helps not having to worry about it as much
    Trying to find a write up on the catch can but can't seem to find a good one. I might be over thinking it I've been doing that a lot lately LOL

ITs super easy and yes you're definitely overthinking it!!! Hahaha All it does is literally cuts the hose that goes from the PCV to you intake manifold in the front. So instead of a straight hose, the hose goes to the catch can then another hose goes from the catch can to the intake manifold, so all the oil vapors that would normally return to the intake manifold go thru the catch can and collect so it doesnt gunk up your intake. Its super super easy!! This is a great shot

ITs super easy and yes you're definitely overthinking it!!! Hahaha All it does is literally cuts the hose that goes from the PCV to you intake manifold in the front. So instead of a straight hose, the hose goes to the catch can then another hose goes from the catch can to the intake manifold, so all the oil vapors that would normally return to the intake manifold go thru the catch can and collect so it doesnt gunk up your intake. Its super super easy!! This is a great shot
    Awesome man thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 LastLast

Thread Information