Thread: Outdoor Concerts

Administrator
    Blog Entries

Outdoor Concerts

As a season ticket holder for the Arizona Cardinals I received two tickets to Big Red's Rib & Music Festival this weekend at the University of Phoenix Stadium.

Janet & I headed out around 6 and the weather tonight was fantastic, the event took place on the Great Lawn just outside the stadium and the lawn was lined with Rib Joints from across the county. We had ribs and a beef brisket sandwich from Texas Thunder BBQ and it was pretty good.

At 6pm Landon Shill took the stage, they did a mix of their stuff and country covers.

at 8:30 George Thorogood & The destroyers took the stage and played all the classics like Bad to the Bone, one bourbon one scotch one beer and Who do you love.

Tomarrow if we go back for more they line up includes Charlene Tarango, Beatlemania Live, The Chadwicks and then the closing act is KC & The Sunshine Band.

Sundays bands are Easton Ashe & Mathias Anderle.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Love George Thorogood!!

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I'm not sure what's better, The concert or a brisket sandwich. Sounds like fun was had!
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    i missed the brisket sandwhich!

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I'm eating brisket right now. I love texas! We don't really eat too much brisket in Georgia where I'm from, mainly Pulled Pork BBQ. There was a deal here in houston at a Food Store Called HEB where you could buy a slab of brisket and the store gives you : a 12 pack soda, a tin to bake the brisket in, ranch style beans, hot dogs, BBQ sause, potatoe salad, and spinach for free. I also like alot of the non franchise bbq places here in houston.

Guess i turned a concert thread into a BBQ thread. Sorry john.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Looking for Dirt wmjacobsjr's Avatar
    I'm with cico, bring on the brisket!!!!!! George Thorogood played at the festival that kicks off the Port Huron to Mackinac sailboat race. Didn't get to go but would have loved to.
    Last edited by wmjacobsjr; 09-28-2011 at 04:42 PM.
    Old: 2007 Black XK Sport - Wrecked
    2006 Greystone Limited XK - Traded-in
    New: 2012 Dodge Charger R/T

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.
    Prof. Albert Einstein

Thread Information