Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Mountain Bike Pics!!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Oleta Park in Miami, Fl <-------Check out this vid......I'm not one of these guys but can't wait to ride this trail.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    is that a single sprocket up front?.
    Yup, just a single 32T sprocket in the front. Don't need the other ones.

Just checked out the vid.......one word.......GoPro. This is what I want for X-Mas this year, just gotta kiss Santa's a$$ so she will buy it, LOL.. Where did you mount the camera? Looks like it was on the bars?

How do you like those hydro brakes? I still have mechanical brakes and they are quick to throw you off.
    That GoPro is sweet... thing is, my wife completely surprised me with the camera. My birthday present was supposed to be the new tires and MRP guide for the bike. Then on my birthday she hands me a present and it's the Kodak. She was mainly focused on skiing since they advertised the boot strap for it. For the bike, i just made a mount for the handlebars out of a reflector mount. The mount itself worked great... but you really need the camera on your body for mtb.... the bike gets whipped around a lot more.

Love the [good] hydro brakes. Bike came with Juicy 3's and they're horrible. Endless power, no cable stretch, no adjustments, only need one finger on each lever for "lock up" power. Mechanicals are good too... but you're only moving 1 pad instead of 2, so they need a bit more work to keep adjusted properly. But that's not a big deal if you're running a good set like BB5s or BB7s, im always adjusting my friends brakes before our rides and those are easy to do (as long as they were originally set up correctly)

Oleta Park in Miami, Fl <-------Check out this vid......I'm not one of these guys but can't wait to ride this trail.
    Trail looks awesome!

I wish some of my videos came out better... we have some great singletrack with obstacles that I hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Yup, just a single 32T sprocket in the front. Don't need the other ones.

That GoPro is sweet... thing is, my wife completely surprised me with the camera. My birthday present was supposed to be the new tires and MRP guide for the bike. Then on my birthday she hands me a present and it's the Kodak. She was mainly focused on skiing since they advertised the boot strap for it. For the bike, i just made a mount for the handlebars out of a reflector mount. The mount itself worked great... but you really need the camera on your body for mtb.... the bike gets whipped around a lot more.

Love the [good] hydro brakes. Bike came with Juicy 3's and they're horrible. Endless power, no cable stretch, no adjustments, only need one finger on each lever for "lock up" power. Mechanicals are good too... but you're only moving 1 pad instead of 2, so they need a bit more work to keep adjusted properly. But that's not a big deal if you're running a good set like BB5s or BB7s, im always adjusting my friends brakes before our rides and those are easy to do (as long as they were originally set up correctly)

Bro, I'm not doggin' your camera or vid, just so you know. I think it was awesome your wife suprised you with it and I would use it as well. Maybe if you can get some type of chest strap, it would come out better. Even mounting it on the front frame instead of the bars would greatly improve the vid, just my $0.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Trail looks awesome!

I wish some of my videos came out better... we have some great singletrack with obstacles that I hit.
    That was shot with the GoPro on the helmet. Search "Oleta MTB" on youtube and you can check out all the trails offered there, there are like 5 or 6 different ones. Also search "Markhem Park MTB (Fort Lauderdale, Fl), they have some cool as trails also. I really like the wooden bridges and the DNA bridge is badass!-----> DNA Bridge
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Yeah i hear ya man. lol just saying i would've chosen a different camera for mtb... but not complaining, my wife is pretty awesome

I wear a camelback so im going to try and make a mount for that. That was the first thing I tried, but because of body position the camera was aimed down. So i need to mount it higher up on the shoulder strap.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Awesome bikes.....I run a 2008 Rocky Mtn Element 50. Hella fun and hoping to hit some trails at Camp Commander.

2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have a Specialized Rock Hopper but my son has it at college so I cannot take a photo.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    Awesome bikes.....I run a 2008 Rocky Mtn Element 50. Hella fun and hoping to hit some trails at Camp Commander.
    Sweet bike! Rocky Mountain makes great stuff. I really like their frames....

Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post

Nice! I wish I could take my bike with me but, I'm stopping in too many different towns on the way up and back. I'm afraid I will loose it somewhere along the way, LOL....Maybe if I can make it fit inside the XK, I might be able to bring it. It all depends on the GF and what she brings along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    I have a Specialized Rock Hopper but my son has it at college so I cannot take a photo.
    I would of baught the Rock Hopper but it was out of my price range. Great bike.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    one day I will have the nads to do this!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWeWjllm--M
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information