Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Mountain Bike Pics!!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    one day I will have the nads to do this!!!
    Those guys are going off drops that I wouldn't even touch on skis.... and I go off some nice ledges!!!

lol but when i fall, the snow is usually a bit more forgiving

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    When I grow up, I want to be like these guys--------> Click Me Baby!
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    So Ive been looking into buying a mountain bike. I'm 5'11'' about 185. my friend is selling a full suspension Giant Trance. The frame size is 16 inches and I'm thinking it's too small but considering he bought it for around 1500 a few years ago and has never used it and is now selling it for 600 I'm curious if its close enough to the size I need to save the money and get this from him. Disk brakes and everything with a fox shock under the seat and rock shocks for the forks.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

It's too small. I wouldn't buy it. You'd be better off spending $600 on a bike that fits.

What are the trails like in your area? A lot of downhill?

I agree, too small for your hight. I'm around 5'6" and baught a 17". Fits just right and is easy to handle. Plus if you dont have crazy trails, then you realy dont need a full suspension.
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    yea I agree. The trails around here are pretty mild around here but I think there might be a lot better ones when I start college in missouri next year. I'm most likely not going to get a full suspension. Any recommendations on size, brand, model, and such?
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

$600 will get you a really nice used hardtail. Look at medium frames (you're about the same size as me). Depending on brand, that'll be 17-18".

Try finding a 29er. Here are a few brands to keep a look out for:
    Cannondale
    Specialized
    Gary Fisher
    Giant

You can get a new bike for under $800. Its up to you if you want a new or used one. Like Matt said, you can find a reallt nice used one for that price or a new one for a bit more. Deffinately look to get a 29er, you will love it. All the brands listed above are great, also Trek is a good bike. The Trek is heavy, tho......so I would leave them as a last resort. Gary Fishers are made by Trek now, but still follow the Fisher guidelines so they are a top of list bike. I did a lot of research before buying my bike and this is the way I listed the brands in order.

1 - Specialized
    2 - Gary Fisher
    3 - Cannondale
    4 - Giant

Hope this helps.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

I should note that I didn't list mine in any particular order.

Took the bike out on the trail today. Rode about 45 minutes and it started to pour. I don't mind riding in the rain, but the ground got muddy real quick. So I had to call it quits and head home.

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information