Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Mountain Bike Pics!!!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Check out the stuff from Crank Brothers as well. Never have to worry about mudding them up. http://www.crankbrothers.com/pedals_candy.php
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's actually why i went with TIME. Both TIME and CB are better in muddy/slushy conditions. I started on SPD's and they'd have issues when they get clogged up. I like the "firm" feel of TIME over the floaty feel of CB (but that's a personal thing... my buddy likes CB for the opposite reason, he likes having some side-to-side play in the pedal)

Picked up a bike for my wife last night... found an awesome deal, $550 for a 2011 Giant Talon 29er-1 (bike sells for $900+ at LBS, so almost $1k after tax).

.... and these are the pedals she uses (TIME ATAC Z); well, "used to use"... she hasn't ridden in ~ 2+ years because of the kids. But they'll be going back on this bike for her first ride

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Nice score bro, awesome price on that.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Thanks!! I just cleaned it all up and gave it a good tune-up. Previous owner had the rear derailleur tension all wrong

going to get her "stocking stuffers" this xmas with parts to go 1x9. Just need to decide how I want to go about it.... I'm running an MRP x1 and a SS chainring, but I think she may need some bash protection (especially being a small sized 29er). I've done the bash guard + N-gear jumpstop... but have had issues with the jumpstop not doing the job on really bumpy stuff. So im thinking of one of those chainrings that have inner & outer guards...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ok this is how I read all that
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Thanks!! I just cleaned it all up and gave it a good tune-up. Previous owner had the rear *&*(^& *&*&(( all wrong

going to get her "stocking stuffers" this xmas with parts to go $%%. Just need to decide how I want to go about it.... I'm running an ()(&&V %^%&* *(&^^& , but I think she may need some !#@$ protection (especially being a small sized *@(@). I've done the *#*&@& *@&*& #*&*@ *&@*@ ...... but have had issues with the(#*%(* not doing the job on really bumpy stuff. So im thinking of one of those *#*#&*# ^@&@ &@^&@^ &@^&@^ *(@(@( ...

LMAO... guess that was a different language for you huh Sal?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    LMAO... guess that was a different language for you huh Sal?
    OMG dude I understood nothing you said LOL It really could of been in a different language

hahahaha. Basically what I said was I want to take the gears off the front of the bike. You know how bikes have 3 rings in the front and 9 rings in the rear for a 27 speed bike? (or 8 in the rear for a 24 spd bike). Well, no one actually uses that "big" chainring offroad and it actually gets in the way when trying to clear obstacles. And unless you live in the mountains you don't need that "small" chainring (likes like a low gear in 4x4 low in the tcase).

There's a few different options for taking those gears off and still retaining the chain.

Here's what I have on my bike:

... and im debating what route I want to go with the wifes bike.

Here's what my bike used to have... a bashguard on the outside (the white piece) and a chainkeeper on the inside (that little metal thin mounted to the frame).

^ I didn't like that very much though... that piece on the inside was a bit too flimsy and my chain would still come off once in a while.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information