Sounds right. It's good stuff and has been around a long time. Some people are religous about it (like my dad). My Jetta TDI was a 2005.5 Diesel (bought it the third month they changed from the older square jetta's to the newer style jettas). It was a bit different than the new diesel they are using. Mine was a 1.9L 105hp and 195ftlbs tq. The new one is a 2.0 ( since 2008 was bored a bit) made from the 1.9 and it produces I think 140 hp and 235tq. The new one doesn't get quite the milage of the first model but is a bit speedier so the estimate the new one on the HWY at 42.

My best mpg i ever got was on my honeymoon going from augusta, ga to Gatlinberg. I made it there and back on the same tank and put 820miles on the tank (14gallons) at 58mpg avg. Needless to say my wife is kind of egging me on to buy another TDI which I loved so I wouldn't mind. It's just not as fast as my GLI.

My MPG I quoted in the last is HWY only I drove on I95 from where i lived to savannah and my school was located about 4 miles off the hwy so i travled 40miles a day only about 8 of which weren't on a non stop HWY trip. I'd get about 42-46 in town but rarely ever drove only in town.