Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SeaFoam

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

SeaFoam

SeaFoam

I finally decided to give this a try after reading so many members having good results with it. I dumped a bottle of sea foam in my tank and saw great results. Coming back from uwharrie I maxed out at 17.3MPG I've never seen those numbers even before the lift and bigger tires. All country roads going threw small towns stop lights and stuff so not highway miles. It's settled down to 16 right now but I expected that once I got home. I'm not sure where the MPG will settle to now that I'm at home driving my normal route but it's been three days now and I've never stayed above 13MPG for very long and thats after resetting the gauge so the fact that I'm still at 16 is awesome. I did not use seafoam anywhere else because I'm to far from my oil change. So once I'm ready for an oil change I will get another bottle and put half in the crank and I guess half in the throttle body. Anyone else have a seafoam success story?

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I've used it for several applications. It will do the same thing in a diesel. My jetta (the last one TDI) don't get too jealous here would get pretty consistently with the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel 49mpg (before they changed to the new diesel in 07 I got 52) with the sea foam i'd get about 54mpg. I've also used it to clean out fuel systems on motorcycles that have had bad gas. Helps clean out carb jets when ran through. Quite nice stuff (but it is 8 bucks a bottle).
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

WOW bro thats a lot of MPG's man. I got an extra 4 MPG going to and from Uwharrie which is about 64 miles one way. At my best MPG before seafoam (13MPG) I spent 9.8 gallons round trip. After seafoam I spent 7.3 gallons round trip Saving me 2.5 gallons of gas at $4.00 a gallon thats $10 in savings $10 for seafoam so my first trip the stuff paid for its self if I did this math correct???????? I'm still at 16MPG so I'm still running 3MPG better so saving money every time I drive it now.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Sounds right. It's good stuff and has been around a long time. Some people are religous about it (like my dad). My Jetta TDI was a 2005.5 Diesel (bought it the third month they changed from the older square jetta's to the newer style jettas). It was a bit different than the new diesel they are using. Mine was a 1.9L 105hp and 195ftlbs tq. The new one is a 2.0 ( since 2008 was bored a bit) made from the 1.9 and it produces I think 140 hp and 235tq. The new one doesn't get quite the milage of the first model but is a bit speedier so the estimate the new one on the HWY at 42.

My best mpg i ever got was on my honeymoon going from augusta, ga to Gatlinberg. I made it there and back on the same tank and put 820miles on the tank (14gallons) at 58mpg avg. Needless to say my wife is kind of egging me on to buy another TDI which I loved so I wouldn't mind. It's just not as fast as my GLI.

My MPG I quoted in the last is HWY only I drove on I95 from where i lived to savannah and my school was located about 4 miles off the hwy so i travled 40miles a day only about 8 of which weren't on a non stop HWY trip. I'd get about 42-46 in town but rarely ever drove only in town.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I went to their web site and found several products, which one specifically are you using?

I get 40 MPG with my smart but would be interested in seeing if that can improve even more.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

SeaFoam motor treatment is what I used. I think the benefits come from cleaning and lubing the fuel system. I don't think putting it in a new vehicle would do any good. I can't wait to try it in the crankcase.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I'm going to try this soon, my mpg's are crap.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Member Looking for Dirt
    What product did you use, i looked at the web site and it seems there is a few ways of using it, what did you do??

Quote Originally Posted by jay in nb View Post
    What product did you use, i looked at the web site and it seems there is a few ways of using it, what did you do??
    I used the motor treatment and put the the whole can in my tank. When I'm with in a few hundred miles of my next oil change I will get another can and put half in my cranks case and half in the throttle body and watch all the smoke fill my neighborhood. LOL

Member Looking for Dirt
    Perfect tks, I checked the website and it sells up here just didnt know what to use first and every MPG counts with gas up to $1.33/L here although I never seen the Commander so clean seing it doesnt leave the driveway much :-(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information