Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SeaFoam

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well I'm still sitting at 15.7 after driving my normal route all week. So I'm still at a 2mpg improvement just from the sea foam in the tank.

Member Looking for Dirt
    I'm just over 13mpg, a few weeks ago I disconnected the bty and it seem to have gotten better for a few days but went back to the same I had before, I also waxed the Commander to glide through the wind better, epic failure but still shinning.

yes I was pretty settled between 13 and 14 my self and resetting the guage netted some gains but lost them fast, it seems to be staying around longer.

Junior Member Looking for Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    yes I was pretty settled between 13 and 14 my self and resetting the guage netted some gains but lost them fast, it seems to be staying around longer.
    Hey Sal when you do your intake can you video tape it, that would really be a nice how to video.

Quote Originally Posted by fco27 View Post
    Hey Sal when you do your intake can you video tape it, that would really be a nice how to video.
    I can no problem the next time I do it. But there are videos on YouTube of how to do it as well.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    When Valvoline did my fuel injection cleaning, they pull some vaccum hose off, and shoot a TON of the stuff through it. I fogged that end of the county for mosquitoes when they did it!

I've got a can right now that I might use after my next trip to Buffalo in October - before the next oil change!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I used to use the vacuum hose for the brake booster.

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I've used it on my wife's 2001 GMC Jimmy. I put some in the fuel tank and some in the oil. When I had the oil changed I noticed really small black pieces of build-up came out that I had never seen before. I think the ratio is 1 oz. to 1 gallon of fuel and 1.5 oz. for each quart of oil. I read somewhere to change the oil after about 100-150 miles of driving. I haven't put any in the vacuum hose yet but that is coming. It says to slowly pour 1/3 to 1/2 of a can into the vacuum hose of a warm engine, turn engine off for ten minutes, then restart engine. Exhaust will be extreme for a short period.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty thance's Avatar
    I used sea foam for the first time about a week and half ago after reading this post. I poured about 6oz. in the vacuum hose on the intake. It stalled once while pouring, but started right back up.... make sure you pour slowly. Then I shut the engine off and waited 5 minutes before turning it back on like it says on the can. Lot's of heavy smoke as my 2010 Hemi has 48,000 miles and this was the first cleaning. I heard some of the house windows close abruptly.....not sure why.

Then I put about 16 oz. in the gas tank which was running pretty low, maybe 3 gallons. Drove for about 15-20 miles before filling the tank. I will put some in the crank case before the next oil change. I started this regime right after changing the oil.

So far, with the cleaning and removing the cargo carrier and crossbars, I am seeing 17.5 - 20 mpg with it sitting at 18.5 right now after a day and a half of regular driving.

Usually I see a range of 13.5 - 16.5 with about 15.3 being the average.

My only engine mods are a AEM intake and diable itune tuner currently in MPG mode. Both of these have been in place for a while.

The 18 cu-ft cargo box was put on right after performing the sea foam procedure but removed in the last couple of days (along with the cross-bars) allowing me to better see the millage results, though it was up slightly even with the box.

Supporting Vendor Looking for Dirt Synthetic Advantage's Avatar
    thance, you want to do the Seafoam cleaning as you did right before you change your oil, not right after. What it does it puts a ton of crap down into the oil. So now you have all that stuff in a fresh oil change. It is better to do the cleaning right before you change your oil so that it will get flushed out when you drain the engine oil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information