Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Sliders

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt bigmaninds's Avatar

Rock Sliders

These are my sliders I have had them for a while, they were made by Articulated Motion in Phoenix.

They are welded on no coming off anymore

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Nice thanks bro now I have something to go off of. Thanks again for posting the pictures

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Have you bounced on them?
    From the bottom side I mean. They look good.

Yes I have hit them before on the bottom side, but on the tube side I don't think so because of the angle. The square tubing usually takes the blunt force.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    How much did it cost to have these fabbed up?
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Man there's been a lot of rock slider discussion lately on multiple forums....

I'll have to see if i can find the time, but i may pull off my plastic rockers and take some measurements. I can probably make some solid CAD drawings to drop off at a local welder to have some nice rockers built. I bet it would be significantly cheaper if i put the time and effort in up front and then they just need to build to the print.

I want to say somewhere around 350 - 400. I did take the plastic piece out and that is where the square tubing went. They were awesome listening to everything I wanted on my sliders.

Segon wanted some parts shipped to Korea. When he tried to order direct, the shipping was
    $250. I mailed it him for about $60. Big difference. Why is there such a difference?
    I know it was fairly labor intensive. Maybe have been easier if I had better access to a post
    office. Post office opens after I get to work and and closes before I go home.

No wonder the Post Office is struggling.

Shipping is one piece of the pie and shipping is often in addition to the purchase price.
    The point is the same though.

I respect those who can make thier own stuff. Wish I had the skills.
    Last edited by cico7; 05-12-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Segon wanted some parts shipped to Korea. When he tried to order direct, the shipping was
    $250. I mailed it him for about $60. Big difference. Why is there such a difference?
    This thread is very much getting sidetracked, but if you're asking me why the big difference ... the truth is that I'm not quite sure. Was $60 for shipping by air? All of our international quotes are air-shipping.

Beyond that possible explanation, it's difficult for me to say since I don't personally handle the shipping quotes. Superlift has been acting as our warehouse and distribution center, and they run all the quotes. For international shipping we send them addresses, they send us back quotes, and their system is automated through UPS. So it may be that only UPS could answer the question!

Regardless, we were thrilled you were able to ship Segon the parts at such a reasonable rate!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

I was not directing my response to anyone in particular. I did not mention it was a 4XGUARD part.
    My intent was only to illustrate the difference in cost to do something yourself as opposed to
    paying someone else to do the work. It was cheaper, but I did not have the expertise in international
    shipping and I surely don't have the experience in welding or building Jeep parts. And experience is part
    of what you are paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    This thread is very much getting sidetracked, but if you're asking me why the big difference ... the truth is that I'm not quite sure. Was $60 for shipping by air? All of our international quotes are air-shipping.
    Regardless, we were thrilled you were able to ship Segon the parts at such a reasonable rate!
    Last edited by cico7; 05-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information