Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rock Sliders

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thanks, Matt. You're right that it isn't our style.

As for the fact our stuff could have been offered from Jeep ... well, if you ever get a chance to look closely at the official test rig that Jeep/Mopar runs on the trails, you might see something familiar.
    The style shouldnt be about making a lot of money fast it should be about pleasing your customer and growing the company to get more products out there. I'd love to be able to run their products but the prices just arent reasonable for me considering I had a full bumper made for 400 which to me seems kind of rare to have something custom made cheaper. If i could put 4xGuard on my car and get stuff at a cut cost to get the name out in the area I would but that doesnt seem to be their style.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Well let us know when you get a quote for some sliders from the guy that made your front bumper. Don't forget to post up pics and specs with a price. If they're comparable in strength and style to the 4xGuard you'll have a hot seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Well let us know when you get a quote for some sliders from the guy that made your front bumper. Don't forget to post up pics and specs with a price. If they're comparable in strength and style to the 4xGuard you'll have a hot seller.
    I dont have the money to have him make them at the time but when I took example pictures for him to make similar sliders he quoted me 250. Also 250 for a tire carrier (hitch mounted) with gas can holder and hi lift mount.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

That's not bad at all... hell I was looking at well over $150 in materials to make similar ones (was considering having some locally made). After we added up the materials cost and labor quote I was approaching $400 really quick without even considering coating/finishing.

My plan was to have the welder build to print since I can do all of the measuring/drawing. After my preliminary cost estimate I stopped persuing it because I realized I was going to spend almost as much as the 4xG sliders, but being the "first" unit they probably wouldn't fit as perfectly since 4xG went through a few revisions to really get the body lines to match up nicely.

So in that respect, I dont see their prices being as unreasonable as you're making them out to be. But i guess that opinion is subject to regional influences.

I remember your thread on the tire carrier... you'll have to let us know if he's going to make that because i'm really interested in one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    I remember your thread on the tire carrier... you'll have to let us know if he's going to make that because i'm really interested in one of those!
    Yea me too but everything is on hold right now because i'm currently out of money. Waiting for graduation and then finding a summer job to move on with the mods.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Something I have never been clear on, what are you protectig with the sliders?
    The outside of the pinchweld, the inside, or both? When I had mine made, the
    welder did not know what he was doing. I am sure he did a fine job welding, nothing
    has fallen off, but he didn't know what he was building. I wasn't certain. Looks like
    the sliders in the first pic are outside the pinch and reinforced by tying it into
    the frame. More Pics!!

They're protecting the side & rocker panel area from rocks. The pinch weld itself isn't a big deal... but if you're sliding on the pinch weld and then skoot off to the side, that rock is going to tear your vehicle apart. In the case of the XK, the damage could prevent you from opening/closing the door properly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information