Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rock Sliders

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    There are only a few things that can bring the price down of these type products and I don't want any of them to take place to save me money. Like cheaper materials or finishing techniques. Cheaper manufacture or making them in china. The real help would be volume and considering the two platforms these products are aimed at that ain't going to happen either. Just look at it this way bro your buying a semi custom piece for your rig.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I have plenty of semi custom pieces and the prices can not be touched by anyone else out there.
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty El Cid's Avatar
    This is America, Brandon. If you can do better, then do better -- start a business and take over the market!
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    This is America, Brandon. If you can do better, then do better -- start a business and take over the market!
    Someone is sensitive their prices tend to be high...
    4.7L v8 QTII, Flowmaster Super 44, Jet Chip: Stage 1, Remote Start, 2.25" Rocky Road lift W/ shocks, .5" Rusty Off Road Strut Spacer, Midland CB Radio, PA Speaker,265/70/17 BFG Km2 Mud Terrain, XD Addict 17x9 Rims, Custom Roof Rack W/ 6 Off Road Lights, Custom Blue Lighting, Custom Front Bumper, Sony Head unit, Power Acoustic Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers (Waiting on Arrival), Upgraded Headlights Bulbs 3000K

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon1024 View Post
    Someone is sensitive their prices tend to be high...
    Wow. I'm not sure what your problem is exactly, but I'm serious.

The WK/XK platform desperately needs more manufacturers in the game. And if you are convinced that the current manufacturers are so grossly overcharging for the products that we design and sell, then get in there! I want more products available for my XK. And clearly an individual who knows so much about the business of engineering, manufacturing, and marketing such products needs to do it.
    Mike
    2006 5.7L Limited, Inferno Red, QDII, and all goodies. Modified Superlift 4" lift-kit, B.F.G. 285/70R17 A/Ts (1.25" spacers), Aries tail-light guards, AVS ventvisors, KC Hilites off-road lights, and from 4xGuard: Belly Guard, Front Guard 4, Matrix brush guard with Receiver and Grill Hoop, Rear Diff Guard, Rear Guard 2, Rear Sliders, and Side Guards.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Segon wanted some parts shipped to Korea. When he tried to order direct, the shipping was
    $250. I mailed it him for about $60. Big difference. Why is there such a difference?
    I know it was fairly labor intensive. Maybe have been easier if I had better access to a post
    office. Post office opens after I get to work and and closes before I go home.

No wonder the Post Office is struggling.

Shipping is one piece of the pie and shipping is often in addition to the purchase price.
    The point is the same though.

I respect those who can make thier own stuff. Wish I had the skills.
    Last edited by cico7; 05-12-2011 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    Segon wanted some parts shipped to Korea. When he tried to order direct, the shipping was
    $250. I mailed it him for about $60. Big difference. Why is there such a difference?
    This thread is very much getting sidetracked, but if you're asking me why the big difference ... the truth is that I'm not quite sure. Was $60 for shipping by air? All of our international quotes are air-shipping.

Beyond that possible explanation, it's difficult for me to say since I don't personally handle the shipping quotes. Superlift has been acting as our warehouse and distribution center, and they run all the quotes. For international shipping we send them addresses, they send us back quotes, and their system is automated through UPS. So it may be that only UPS could answer the question!

Regardless, we were thrilled you were able to ship Segon the parts at such a reasonable rate!
    Mike

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I was not directing my response to anyone in particular. I did not mention it was a 4XGUARD part.
    My intent was only to illustrate the difference in cost to do something yourself as opposed to
    paying someone else to do the work. It was cheaper, but I did not have the expertise in international
    shipping and I surely don't have the experience in welding or building Jeep parts. And experience is part
    of what you are paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    This thread is very much getting sidetracked, but if you're asking me why the big difference ... the truth is that I'm not quite sure. Was $60 for shipping by air? All of our international quotes are air-shipping.
    Regardless, we were thrilled you were able to ship Segon the parts at such a reasonable rate!
    Last edited by cico7; 05-12-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    FWIW, one of the major appeals to the 4xG sliders is their fit & finish. Their quality and form are such that they could easily be offered from Jeep (and yet it bet Jeep wouldn't have been any better).

The cheaper/generic sliders I see for other vehicles on the market get the job done, so they score fine in terms of "function".... but lack if "form & fit".

While I would love for the 4x stuff to be a bit cheaper, ill give credit where credits due. I'm sure they could whip together a cheaper/generic slider like the Rocky Road version.... but I don't think that's their style. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    FWIW, one of the major appeals to the 4xG sliders is their fit & finish. Their quality and form are such that they could easily be offered from Jeep (and yet it bet Jeep wouldn't have been any better).

The cheaper/generic sliders I see for other vehicles on the market get the job done, so they score fine in terms of "function".... but lack if "form & fit".

While I would love for the 4x stuff to be a bit cheaper, ill give credit where credits due. I'm sure they could whip together a cheaper/generic slider like the Rocky Road version.... but I don't think that's their style. 8)
    Thanks, Matt. You're right that it isn't our style.

As for the fact our stuff could have been offered from Jeep ... well, if you ever get a chance to look closely at the official test rig that Jeep/Mopar runs on the trails, you might see something familiar.
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information