Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous stuff you hear!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Ridiculous stuff you hear!

I've been hearing or reading about so much stupid stuff lately. I figured start a thread on it. Discuss stupid stuff thats posted or post stupid stuff you have heard or read about. This is stuff that someone is serious about but is just ridiculous.

The government is talking about getting rid of the gas tax!! Don't get to excited the plan is to install a device in every vehicle and charge you tax by the miles you drive. LOL I know its stupid whats the difference charge me by the gallon or charge me by the mile. Will they use said technology to track you? probably. They didn't say if the tax rate would be based on the type of vehicle you own but wouldn't put it pass them. I can see the ecco jerks getting there taxed removed for any vehicle getting 40+MPG. Will this ever happen probably not but someone still put it on paper. So if you drive on a county owned and maintained road that your property tax paid for Uncle Sam will tax you to drive on it. Take a state funded toll road you already paid for and pay to maintain and the feds will add there tax to that to. Depending on where you drive you could be getting triple taxed.

The new app broadcaster. You walk around with your smartphone listening to peoples stories. Pretty much you record what ever you want and pin it to the map. Then someone walks buy with there smartphone at that spot on the map and plays back the recording as you walk by on your phone. So now on top of all the other stuff going on you can have some wackos voice playing on your smartphone.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    How about the panicked state of Washington with their new electric car tax. Since full electrics (such as the Leaf) don't use gasoline, there's no gas tax taken in. And because electric cars ''cause just as much wear and tear'' on the roads as everything else, they now added a $100 tax onto the license tab fees.

Gee whiz, I know there's at least one Leaf for every 5 cars here, after all, we're completely overrun with electrics. (Give me a break )

As for their weak 'wear and tear' argument, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 80,000 lb. trucks that do most of the wear and tear on the roads rather than little 2,700 lb. electric cars?!?
    Last edited by Adondo; 05-06-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty WanderingTs's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    They will say anything to try to convince you to "pay your fair share" ... which really means give us more $$$. Bad part is people buy into the stupid arguements.
    The best things in life can not be found on a map; they can only be found while Wandering.
    __________________________________________________ ___

2007 XK - 4.7L Flex Fuel // Rocky Road 2.25 lift // Rocky Road Super Sliders // Toyo Open Country 265/70R17 tires // 4xGuard Front Guard // 4xGuard Belly Guard // 4xGuard Matrix-HC with optional front hitch // Warn XD9000I hitch mounted winch // Graco Carseat for the Youngun

http://www.xk-forum.com/blog.php - The Wild(life) Side of Jeeping

Oil prices have been falling and yet gas prices remain high. The latest thing I heard was the rack prices paid by independent to purchase gas was way down but there not buying so there selling off there more expensive purchased gas. What a crock of bull ****, I watched one gas station change there prices twice in one day of course raising. Your telling me they got two deliveries of fuel that day one more expensive then the other I don't think so. They had there cheaper gas in the tanks and charges us the current rate before they even purchased that more expensive fuel. Now on the way down all of a sudden there charging us for the actual price they paid for the fuel in the tanks. The United States Attorney General is launching an investigation to see if fraud is being committed. Memos went out to dozens of federal agency which included the FBI and the FCC to look into futures traders and speculators in oil. I hope someone goes to jail. Also found out that even though oil companies are reporting record profits in the 30 billion dollar a year range and get this there still receiving big tax breaks. What a joke.

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    I think they did this a couple years ago, investigating the futures market traders. The price came down, for a little while.

Best news yet, you people that buy electric cars and more fuel vehicles, there is hope. While you are saving the environment,
    you are costing the government tax dollars. So, now you we be charged per mile as opposed to gallons. We have to make this
    fair and balanced. Ooops, wrong program.

I know the mileage tax has been stated here before, but for all those who got tax credits for being fuel effecient, shame on you.

there is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals. ...Aristotle

The current opinion on the "investigation" is that they know the prices are falling so they announce a investigation the prices fall and they get the credit for it. I don't know what going on. I do know one thing though stop comparing our gas market with everyone else like Europe. We are not set up like them at all, over there a car is mostly a luxury now I say mostly. There public transportation system is well established and they don't have to drive as far as we do. We are spread out way to far a car is the only way to get around. I don't have any public transportation to choose from where I live I have to drive. So I'm tired of hearing all these people saying well in Europe they pay this. Yes but 80% of there fuel cost is taxes for one thing. The two markets are not comparable its diffidently apples and oranges here.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Obama's speech from today. nuff' said.
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
    Obama's speech from today. nuff' said.
    I missed it but I missed it on purpose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information