Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous stuff you hear!

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    How about read?

I am wondering,

if you can't speak english, can you read it?

And if you read english but still need assistance, who do you notify then?
    Last edited by cico7; 05-11-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Reminds me of the sign when you walk into the Big Boy where I grew up. It said "Braile Menu Available". Wonder who that was for?
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I saw a commerical for the chevy Volt. They said it "goes" (for the lack of a better word, its late give me a break) for around 12 dollars a day...that isn't cheaper than my heavy ass brick driving down the road. If I put 50 bucks in my tank a week that is like what 8 bucks a day...4 bucks less than a fuel free car..thats stupid...

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Maybe it gets great milage but that's it's depreciation value per day -$12. lol. Doing that math it's very plausible. 4k a year depreciation.
    Except i know that's not the case.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Id still rather spend the 8 dollars a day over the 12..

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    Id still rather spend the 8 dollars a day over the 12..
    8 is for fuel. I am thinking the commercial is suggesting the 12 includes cost of the vehicle.

I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cico7 View Post
    8 is for fuel. I am thinking the commercial is suggesting the 12 includes cost of the vehicle.

I could be wrong.
    You could be or I could be. But they should clairfy that in the commerical.

If we ran everything with solar power, someone would complain we are using too much of it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Reminds me of the sign when you walk into the Big Boy where I grew up. It said "Braile Menu Available". Wonder who that was for?
    You'll notice that on most (if not all) drive-thru ATM's there's Braille labeling. Now, I'm going out on a limb here, but if you're DRIVING to use a DRIVE-THRU ATM, and you need to read the button labeling with Braille... ???

And the Volt. So, they are ''green'' huh? Where do people think the power comes from to charge the battery pack? The more of these things hit the roads, the more the smoke stacks on coal fired power plants will belch out CO2 and the like. Green my a$$.

Read this article from Car Talk: http://www.cartalk.com/content/rant/r-rlast22.html
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar

This is pretty rediculous to say the least

$2 million lottery winner still gets food stamps

msnbc.com news services
    updated 5/19/2011 10:44:25 AM ET

DETROIT — A Michigan Lottery $2 million jackpot winner from last year is eligible and collecting some food stamp assistance under a loophole state officials have been working for months to close.

Leroy Fick, who lives near Saginaw, took a lump sum payment for his June 2010 prize, buying a house, a used 2008 Audi and investing the rest, attorney John Wilson said on Wednesday.

"If you're going to ... try to make me feel bad, you aren't going to do it," Fick told a reporter from local station TV5.

The income he receives from investing the remaining money leaves Fick eligible under federal rules for food assistance of "far less than $5,000 for the year," Wilson said.

"There is no asset based testing for it, it is all based on income," Wilson said. "The amount that he has invested of this winnings spins off an amount of income and that income is such that he is eligible."

Michigan has been working with federal officials for two or three months on ways to close the loophole, said Gisgie Davila Gendreau, a state human services department spokeswoman. She was not speaking about Fick's case specifically.

"We are actively seeking a change to the food assistance policy, which is a federal policy, to ensure that those who are truly needy qualify," she said.

Michigan state Senator John Moolenaar, a Republican from Midland near where Fick lives, has proposed requiring lottery officials to share winners names with government departments and remove them from public assistance programs.

"Taxpayer dollars should be used to help the truly needy, and we must stop situations like this from falling through the cracks," Moolenaar said in a statement on Wednesday.

From here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43091952/ns/us_news-life/

On edit: My headline title was SUPPOSED to say: "This is pretty ridiculous TO say the least" darn it, and now I can't change it!!
    Last edited by Knappster; 05-19-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information