Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Activity! Adding the WK Owners.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Cool Forum Activity! Adding the WK Owners.

Have you guys noticed lately that this forum has for at least the last few weeks posted more activity then the other forum. The tide is turning and were taking over. Not only are we seeing more activity on this site but the content is much different. The other forums activity seems to be more non jeep commander posts, like number game last word just general off topic stuff. The commander related posts they are getting is mostly new members looking for help. Those members usually get there help and then you never see them again. Were doing a good job over here keep it up.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    We need to find a way to get more XK enthusiasts out there signed up and modding their Commanders. I see them all over the place, but very rarely do I see anyone lifting or wheeling them.

I don't know if it would help or not... but since we share so much in common with the WK platform, maybe make this site dual hatted? I seem to be spending a lot of time on jeepforum, but that site is overly consumed by wranglers (as is most "jeep" sites), so i really only stay in the WK/XK area and never venture into the other forum areas.

I think that would really boost forum activity and popularity. As XK enthusiasts, we're already spread so thin so I see less activity combined across 3 popular forums than I did with any of my previous vehicles single forum.

I stay in the XK\WK section as well. I agree if this was a dual site the amount of action would diffidently take off. Do the WK's have dedicated site of there own or they always in the back of the bus on wrangler forums?

From what i've seen, they're a red headed stepchild in other forums as well. We already know how jeepforum is, the next most popular one is jeepsunlimited... and even there, the Grand Cherokee area is dominated by ZJ/WJ's... the WK barely makes a dent on the stats.

So i think making this forum dedicated to XK/WK's, we may be able to draw in a lot more membership since it doesn't seem like we're well represented anywhere else.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    The activity you have been seeing is basically from us three, LOL.....Seriously tho, I wouldn't mind sharing with the WK guys just as long as we don't become the red headed stepchild in our own forum.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

We do have the core XK guys who mod on this site. Which I knew if that core group came the other forum would suffer from that. In our defense the other forum wasn't loyal to the core jeeper that was driving the activity and the draw to there forum. You were just another number over there and someone on there first day there would get defended over you.

From what I've seen on jeepforum I don't think the XK will get stepchild'ed here if we do xk / wk. I'm sure we'll be outnumbered. ... but since most of the aftermarket is interchangeable and the thread topics similar, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

And as a disclaimer, I don't have anything against any other forums. I've just become more comfortable with the atmosphere here.... but I still frequent the other sites just as much (because quite frankly, there's not much activity anywhere)

I frequent a few as well but this one is my favorite. Then I swing in on the xk\wk section of jeepforum I don't go to the other site usually unless I get bored or I'm trying to draw attention to something like this site but I usually have alterior motives for the visit.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    This site can add the WK format without too much work if you feel it would be in the best interest of the forum.

I would have to buy another web address and link it to this site as I am not sure the WK owners would want to type www.xk-forum.com to see WK info.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

I think it would help... i would also throw down for the lifetime membership at that point as well. Only reason I haven't yet is because there's 3 forums I frequent for the XK and 3 memberships gets a bit costly (but I do think that I help support the forums with my posts which hopefully help retain members... so its not like im just coasting along sucking up the resources )

So i was planning on giving it some time to really decide where i'd call "home". But considering that it was my recommendation to bring WK's here and that would be some work/cost on your part. I'll man up to the membership

FYI that's another good way at looking at it... there's really no "home" forums for the WK guys. So a creative domain that incorporates both may bring more attention; like JeepXKWK-Forum

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information