Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Forum Activity! Adding the WK Owners.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I prefer this forum over the other one, but at the same time I like the extent of the content that is archived on the other site. I can find almost anything there, and not have to wait for someone to respond here. I found a guy with a 4 in SL here in STL but he just put big rims and street tires on it. I'll hopefully be taking the Jeep to Mudfest this weekend, more exposure the better.
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Being just a year old this site is also in its infancy. It's actually doing quite well from that perspective....

Now is the "prime time" of the year to boost membership/activity. People are getting outside and modifying their vehicles, offroading, taking pictures, going to shows and get-to-gethers. The more of that activity that we can bring to our forum the quicker/better it will grow.

I look at the Spring/Summer as sort of a momentum generator for forums... the more momentum we can pick up during this time period, the more active we'll be through the "lull" of winter. This has the compounding effect of bringing more and more growth each year; sort of like a virtual perpetual motion machine...

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I want to buy a membership here to help cover the costs on running it. But as usual I am extremely low on funds. Switching jobs sucks. And I need to pay for those tires this week..

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    I agree, although I do spend more time in my Garage in the winter though. Either way, I'm glad people are moding their Commanders now, I did not want a Commander when we first got in the market for an SUV. Now I am glad we got it, after the initial replacement of the fuel tank, sending unit, fuel lines, and amp, there were 0 problems. And peoples faces when we come out of a river crossing or mud pit is awesome. It's fun to be different
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    We should also have every how to or info thread the other site has and more, considering the dudes who put the other site together are here now. If you notice were missing something just let us know. I think I've only had to refer someone to the other site only once and the thread I sent them to is now on here so were plugging the gaps.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Tymac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    We should also have every how to or info thread the other site has and more, considering the dudes who put the other site together are here now. If you notice were missing something just let us know. I think I've only had to refer someone to the other site only once and the thread I sent them to is now on here so were plugging the gaps.
    Very well put. Also, if you find a tech article there because its not here just copy and paste. Make sure to leave out the user names from the original thread. No such thing as plagiarism on open content.

2 other sites I was affiliated with merged into one site. It took 2 days to copy over all of the tech articles and to make sure we didn't duplicate.

Also would like to add I think the response time is pretty good over here. There's a couple of us that check multiple times a day. I see unanswered thread on the other one all the time lately. Were getting there pretty quick and our search engine is way better as well.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey.... maybe we should create a "Need a WK for the header" thread. Then explain there that the site is expanding to include WKs since the platforms are basically identical. We can forward that thread on to WK owners we know and have them come here to post a picture... then have a vote. In the mean time we can create the header like has been discussed in the other thread, but make a WK silhouette out of '?????'s that will eventually be filled in by the first WK winner.

That's sounds like a good way to draw some attention to the site from the WK people I like it

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Hey.... maybe we should create a "Need a WK for the header" thread.
    Great idea!

WANTED: WK for site header
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread Information