Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Forum Activity! Adding the WK Owners.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    FWIW, I don't mind redundant "newbie" posts.... that's just a good sign the people are finding our forum through searches and signing up.

What we need to do though is retain those members. Seems like there's a lot of Commander members who sign up just to solve that clunk or leaking sunroof issue and never come back. We need to do a better job of inciting them to stick around long enough so we can infect them with our mod bugs.

Senior Member Getting Dirty sean112280's Avatar
    I got the bug, just not the money

Lol preach it brotha! !! Its gonna take me 3-4 months to pay off my new mods.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I certainly appreciate all the thoughts and comments and encourage you to keep up the discussion. I created this forum with the encouragement of a couple other members who like me LOVE the Commander and plan to keep it until the wheels fall of (and then bolt them back on).

I know as an XK forum we will always be smaller than the mega Jeep forums but that can be a good thing as we specialize in the Commander, but I can also see how it can be to our advantage to bring in the WK due to the fact that the two vehicles are so similar.

What I would not want to see and I am too concerned with it happening anyway is for us to attempt to be a great ALL Jeep forum and become like all the rest. I really want in the future for people who want the answer to an XK question to know they can come here and find friendly people who will not only know the answer but will even attempt to hook up and help fix the problem when possible.

Events like Camp Commander will build and strengthen the family and I want US to lead the way.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    If we do decide to let the WKs in this forum, be ready to be out threaded by their presence. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because we do share the same platform, I'm just saying.

I am ok with the idea and would vote for "Yes" to add them to the site.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    If we do decide to let the WKs in this forum, be ready to be out threaded by their presence. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because we do share the same platform, I'm just saying.

I am ok with the idea and would vote for "Yes" to add them to the site.
    I'm not worried about them out-threading the XKs.... as long as they don't out-wheel us! Lol.

For what its worth, the prescence of XKs posting in the WK/XK section of JF is not bad at all..... I doubt it would be worse here since we have some of the more "core" XK members as regulars here.

My vote would be YES too.

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    I really need to post here more. I like it but it just isnt as busy. We need to work on that.

Administrator
    Blog Entries

New Membership

I will check into purchasing a second domain and adding the WK family.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by CmmdrDan View Post
    I really need to post here more. I like it but it just isnt as busy. We need to work on that.
    X2

Start posting up some mods/questions/etc. How about those new shocks you just put on?? (lol low blow)

Want to see something scary... go to our member list and sort by # of posts; the top 10th poster has under 200 posts.. ouch. Another interesting list is sorting it by Join Date (newest first).... only 14 of the ~90 users who have registered since January have over 20 posts.

We definitely need to work on getting the activity up. The best way I can think of that is getting more people active who enjoy modifications and wheeling.... the essence of this site. I can think of a few WK guys who would fit right in.... just gotta get the ball rolling.

And in my defense.... I think I have a form of adhd or something because I constantly have to be multitasking. So here I am at work With two monitors, doing FEA while writing a test directive while answering email while reading a book researching sealing mechanisms and while posting here..... lol its just how I function. If I only have 1 thing going on I can't do it (kind of like How I always have 5 projects active at home). So I don't expect anyone to hang with my post count.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information