Thread: saguaro4xcomponents.com transfer case skid plate mounting bracket??? and....

saguaro4xcomponents.com transfer case skid plate mounting bracket??? and....

hello,

ive been looking for skid plates again for my commander and came across this transfer case mounting bracket mount from saguaro4xcomponents.com?

that seems to do the trick seeing that all i want is to get something to protect the front half of things. im wondering if it looks like i could get this, and get the 4xguard belly guard to use?

im looking at this on top of getting the OEM front skid?

im not looking at doing any rock crawling type of stuff that could punch a hole on anything underneath. just looking to protect the the front half of things?

also...

ive been looking online for ideas on how to try and make something to mount a winch on the front end. i found where someone cut out the front support between the frame rails?

im thinking of doing the same thing and somehow chopping up a bumper similar to the base bumper for JKs? i think its a rugged ridge or smittybuilt bumper? i downloaded the the install intructions to see how it looks and from what i can see, is that if i can cut the support bar? i can get that thing to sit in between the frame rails.

im thinking if i bite the bullet and buy the bumper to see how it looks, ill take to somewhere to see about getting it welded in, or to get some sort of plate to re-enforce the bumper and keep it in that spot?

im looking to get a rugged ridge, or a milemarker 8000 and synthetic rope to cut the weight down?

im just not into getting an entire bumper and i don't want a front reciever hitch. i want to know its always there and ready to go...

any advice would greatly be appreciated.

thanks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Here's my $.02

Saguaro steel t-case skid plate = $173
    Saguaro t-case skid mounting plate = $153

Saguaro total = $326 + shipping for JUST the t-case skid

jparts.com:
    Fuel tank skid = $180
    T-case skid = $47
    Front suspension skid = $47

Jparts total = $274 + shipping for ALL of the skid plates

You can then put the $52 you saved towards the 4xguard bellyguard.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by my4thjeep View Post
    also...

ive been looking online for ideas on how to try and make something to mount a winch on the front end. i found where someone cut out the front support between the frame rails?
    The manufacture put the cross rail there for a reason, I would not remove it unless you are an engineer.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I agree with Matt that you can get all the OEM skids cheaper then the sagauro ones. But the sabauro one is twice as thick as the OEM TC skid. But if your not rock crawling that shouldn't matter to you. Also the dude that cut the frame rail put another one in there and made it stronger. So between the new plate plus the winch installed in there he did make it stronger then stock.

Thread Information