and one more thing...

fwiw, you don't really need any kind of high tech or high dollar shocks for street driving and low speed offroading. i refer again to my previous statement of low speed & droop vs. high speed & up travel.

for trail driving you need only to dampen the the vehicle coming down on the axle. i have tried several different shocks on my rig which is my daily driver and a purpose built rock rig, and i have to say the pro-comp shocks @ $35 each are just about the best i've had.

they flex well offroad and have great road manners. i don't have a front or rear sway bar on my rig and drive it at least 300 miles a week.

this is with a 2" coil spacer and stock springs

this is with a 4" coil spring and the same shocks

when shopping for shocks also keep in mind that the road manners and ride quality often associated with shock quality will also be dictated by tire inflation. just because the tire has a max psi doesn't mean you should run that pressure. that is only for a heavily laden vehicle. my jeep is just under 4k lbs. i run about 24psi in tires with a max psi of 40psi for a comfortable ride and correct wear pattern