Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holaday07 4.7 Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Ah, i hear that man!

The OEM skids aren't horribly priced either. I actually just priced up the complete set, came to $330 shipped (gas tank + tcase + front susp). I'm itching to do some real offroading and thinking about getting the skids, even if i just have to pay them off over 3 moths to fit my budget (it's cheaper than damaging something offroad... and my wife agrees)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    sounds like something I could Habdle. Most of the trails here are woods and mud, so I'm not horribly worried about the sliders though until Moab and Teluride. I want the heavier skid plates just because she takes the Jeep to work every day, and it sucks to be down to one car. I like yours a lot, it looks great
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Thanks. Part of me wishes I got some more aggressive tires at first... but my wife was DD'ing it at that time and she has a much further commute than I. I've got my eyes set on a 4 inch'er though in the future, so i'll get the more aggressive tires then

Ordered the 4x Guard front skid plate this morning. Hopefully the shipping does not take too long, I want to get it on before the trip on June 4th!
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Nice Jeep! I also like the color............
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Put the front 4x Guard on last night, took me about 45 minutes and a few cold ones, but it looks great, and everything lined up perfectly. Pics up tonight, I forgot my camera

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    No pic's, it doesn't exist......

I forgot about that rule, well then it will oficially be on tonight, and scratched up by the weekend.

Quick update. Getting a set of Bilstein 5150 rear shocks from Kevin on the other forum. Really nice guy, and since my current ones are the original rear shocks with 96,000 miles on them I hope they will improve the floating feeling on the highway. Looking forward to getting them this week. Also, finished painting the underside of the Commander with Satin black, nice and slick to help clean off dirt. Hopefully will keep it from rusting in these sh*t Missouri winters too. I'll post pics after I get the shocks.

Got the shocks on today. I totally pussed out on the front strut spacer. I am no mechanic, and just changing out the rear shocks was something I would not normally try. Afther getting the top 4 strut bolts out, I couldnt get it to drop. Finally said f it and did the rear shocks.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information