Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holaday07 4.7 Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Told you those rear shocks wouldn't be that bad. The front strut removal is much more painful.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I had to have 4wheel parts do my front.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Told you those rear shocks wouldn't be that bad. The front strut removal is much more painful.
    Yeah I knocked them out in about an hour, really much better than I had predicted. I wish I could do the strut spacer, but I am getting a quote to see what it costs to have them installed. I just dont know what I would have to do to get them to drop, dissconect the sway bar? or do i take appart the whole damn thing?
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Disconnect the sway bar and loosen (or take off) axle nut. I also disconnected the upper balljoint. Things will move much more freely at that point.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    ^ ditto.
    The sway bars are an easy bit to disconnect. You just need two wrenches, one for the inside bolt and one for the outside of the bolt. eight millimeter for the inside. dont remember the outside size. You just hold the eight mill and turn the outside bolt. If they aren't too rusty it may take ten minutes. make sure the wheel is off the ground so no weight is on the spring. Take the top bolts out and it may take some whacks with a rubber hammer.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Shocks done, now the spacer
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Also waxed and buffed almost all of the trail scratches out. XK looks almost too clean!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    There is no dirt on that Jeep...........................BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!! LOL, looking good bro.
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    looking great
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thanks! I really am liking that way it looks.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information