Thread: Rochester, NY Here

Rochester, NY Here

Hey guys, new to the Commander Fold, although we actually haven't bought it yet. Had my fair share of Jeeps over the years 10 total I think, recently an '01 and '04 WJ's. anyway had a few question youmay be able to answer here:

How can you tell a Sport from a limited Specifically 2006 year. the one we are looking at appears to be a Limited but I don't see badges like the old Jeeps used to do? Unless its a Sport with a ton of options.

Also, what axles are standard on these? It appears to have QuadraTrac II but how do I tell if it has Vari-lok diffs? I have the build sheet and it says Conventional axles, I assume that means open?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hey welcome to the site!

Best sure fire way to tell if you have Quadra-Drive II (with locking axles) is to count the number of bolts on the rear diff... 10 = QuadraTrac II, 12 = QuadraDrive II.

Not sure how to tell the difference between a spec'd out Sport or a Limited... im guessing some of the trim may be different. Does it have chrome grab handles in the back? I think that was one of the differences (but not 100% sure).

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    It's in the VIN# I think I just can't remember where I read it at but the limited come with badges on the rear hatch. The sports can and do come pretty loaded I have the sport and I'm only missing a few options not many.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    Will also say "Quadra Drive II" Under the T Handle to switch into 4 lo if it is. If it has a handle but has no words Quadra Trac II. If no Handle QT I. I think most limiteds came with the Hemi. Not sure if they built a limited without one. Someone will chime in on that.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Just got the build sheet from Chrysler, Body Color Grille and door handles, so I'm assuming no Limited, oh well, it definitely has options.

Also, looks to be Quadratrac II, which I'm A-OK with.

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    It'll do just fine. Love my QTII. Works better than people imagine. I love it when a wrangler owner asks me if I have locking diffs. after wheeling with me. (Shows that he doesn't understand what it should look like with lockers and he's impressed)
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    It'll do just fine. Love my QTII. Works better than people imagine. I love it when a wrangler owner asks me if I have locking diffs. after wheeling with me. (Shows that he doesn't understand what it should look like with lockers and he's impressed)
    X2
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Looks like we'll have it by the end of the week. Can't wait. Now I'll have to climb in head first. This is my favorite part.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hinchcliffe View Post
    Looks like we'll have it by the end of the week. Can't wait. Now I'll have to climb in head first. This is my favorite part.
    Congratulations on the purchase bro.

Thanks man, can't wait.

Thread Information