Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water Leak / Just do it your self

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar

Water Leak / Just do it your self

I have been having a leak with my XK for a little while now. My passenger floor board collects water. I brought it in once and they said they fixed it. Well it didn't work. So I decided to pull things apart and find the leak my self. Well I found the entry point of the water to the cab and guessed it was the rubber grommet that all the wires come in from the door. I was going to fix it myself but my wife suggested show the dealer and let them fix it. I did that he said he fixed it with sealer and if I could leave my door closed for 24hrs. The next day I opened the door to see his work and holy crap it looked liked my 7 year old put sealer all over the place with his hands. And it still leaks. Well I should of fixed myself stupid me. Now I have to undo all his so called repair clean things up and fix it the right way. He did a such a bad job with all the sealer he used and it still leaks just stupid I grabbed the rubber piece and squeezed it and water came out just stupid. So the moral of the story is if you can fix it just do it your self no body will care about your stuff the way you do.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Are you 100% positive that the water is coming from the rubber grommet? I know there have been a lot of XK owners with similar issues and I dont recall that being a problem.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Water Leak

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Are you 100% positive that the water is coming from the rubber grommet? I know there have been a lot of XK owners with similar issues and I dont recall that being a problem.
    I started a thread maybe we can narrow this down...

I'll have to take a picture of where the water is entering. From the inside just to the right of where the wires come in there are to holes side by side where the water leaks in. thats the only spot the water is coming in from. I guess I can run more tests on it to see. What I did was put a garden hose on my roof and crawled into the floor and watched it come in. If its not that rubber piece then I think the only two options left are the roof rails or the windshield.

Well if water leaks through those two holes when you put a garden hose on the roof then that would be a good start. Fix that issue and then go from there. I dont believe that the roof rails would be causing the problem. Do you have a sun roof?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

No sunroof or anything up there. I wasn't sure how the rails were installed if they could leak or not. My secondary door seal or what ever the TSB was for was fixed already. Its been either 90 degrees out side or its been raining so I hope to undo the idiots repair and start over soon.

The next thing I was going to mention was the secondary door seal but obviously that shouldnt be the issue if its already been fixed. A few months after I purchased my XK I had water pouring in through the a-pillar and the secondary door seal was the problem. No leaking since the dealer fixed it.

Ya know what now that I've seen this guys work I think I just might have to revisit that repair as well

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I'll have to take a picture of where the water is entering.
    This might be real helpful for the next unfortunante person.

Here are the two holes I was talking about. It looks like this idiot tried to plug them as well after I told him not to because the water would just go somewhere else

Well here is his repair enough said I think

What a crappy job this guy did man now you know why I'm worried about the secondary door seal he fixed already. What a mess I have to clean up now.
    Last edited by Sal-XK; 06-17-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Any one have suggestions based on the pictures I posted ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information