Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Jamboree (Big Bear, CA)

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I asked him about the rear and he said that the rear bars are a lot softer sprung than the front bars so it wouldn't make much of a difference. That may or may not be true I've never compared.. like I said though I had no issues with traction so I never second guessed it. And I kind of like teeter-toddering

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Outstanding thread! Thanks for posting....
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    No, they had a respected Jeep dealership mechanic there and after talking to him he said he wouldn't do it. They were there for support, and were disconnecting/connecting everyone sway bars for free. He said that disconnecting the front risked damaging a CV since the lift already put them a little out of spec and that if it dropped all the way down it would just be an even nastier angle.

Besides wheels in the air make for way cooler pictures and I had zero issue getting through any of trails we went on based on traction, it was always a ground clearance issue.
    I would of picked that dudes brain apart. I haven't been able to find the operating or min max angles of our CV's anywhere

Moe at http://www.donavee.com/ - not sure if he really knew, but it wasn't worth the possibility of damage.. and with QD2 even with a wheel in the air it just didn't matter.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Great write up! !!!!

Fyi, with stock length rear shocks disconnecting the rear sway bar doesn't add any travel.... I tried it.

I'm 50/50 on disconnecting the front. While you do risk CV damage, you're sacrificing off-camber stability. The sooner that front tire touches the ground the better, especially when going down a sketchy incline where rollover risk is high.... you don't want that front end dropping in a rut.

I haven't been to a jeep jamboree yet I want to go. Jeep School to thats another one but there expensive for a wheeling weekend. I'll have to keep an eye out for one on east coast

The cost is defiantly an issue, but they did give solid support. For the weekend I had..

Catered dinner Fri/Sat night.
    Snack bags for both fri/sat
    Experienced trail guides who have been running these trails for a long time.
    Jeep Dealership there to fix you if you break with no towing fees and no labor fees.
    Raffle drawing (didn't win....) for about $4000 worth of prizes

A fun atmosphere with people who understood that not all of us have been offroading our whole lives. No one was upset about needing to spot or taking it slow.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    I'm 50/50 on disconnecting the front. While you do risk CV damage, you're sacrificing off-camber stability. The sooner that front tire touches the ground the better, especially when going down a sketchy incline where rollover risk is high.... you don't want that front end dropping in a rut.
    FWIW - busted one front sway bar when my lift was first installed - passenger side (QC issue with Superlift supplier). Let me tell you that it made the nose dive on that side way more than I was comfortable with and I hardly pushed it.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    The cost is defiantly an issue, but they did give solid support. For the weekend I had..

Catered dinner Fri/Sat night.
    Snack bags for both fri/sat
    Experienced trail guides who have been running these trails for a long time.
    Jeep Dealership there to fix you if you break with no towing fees and no labor fees.
    Raffle drawing (didn't win....) for about $4000 worth of prizes

A fun atmosphere with people who understood that not all of us have been offroading our whole lives. No one was upset about needing to spot or taking it slow.
    So if you broke something on the trail they would of just charged you for the part and installed it for free on the spot. Thats some awesome reassurance if so.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    FWIW - busted one front sway bar when my lift was first installed - passenger side (QC issue with Superlift supplier). Let me tell you that it made the nose dive on that side way more than I was comfortable with and I hardly pushed it.
    Nose dove offroading or on the street?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information