Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeep Jamboree (Big Bear, CA)

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    So if you broke something on the trail they would of just charged you for the part and installed it for free on the spot. Thats some awesome reassurance if so.
    That is the way it seemed, I walked over and talked to them and asked about my leaking rear diff, they said bring it over and looked at it.. they did some work on someone elses power steering system too.. now I'm not totally sure but I'm repeating what someone told me about just getting it handled. The whole point being that Jeep Jamboree doesn't want paying customers sidelined because they broke something.. get them back on the trail and having fun so they come back again.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Nose dove offroading or on the street?
    Off road going downhill if I hit the brakes the passenger side would dive pretty good (esp in a rut or something) - I used the e brake a lot to help prevent this. On road it was very unstable with just the one side off at close to highway speeds. Its doable and might not be so bad once you get used to it. Just didn't feel confident since 1 - I never wheeled with them off before and 2 - this lift was new to me and broke something right off the bat. BTW S/L changed both fronts for free when I returned. If you can see it, the avatar has no passenger sway bar link.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    I wonder if there were a stiffer front strut setup that would yield a better no sway bar result? Has to be.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    I was thinking that. It would effect ride quality however.
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Very nice write up & I have as well been wanting to do the Jeep Jambree. I am glad you had a blast.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Great photos and an excellent post!

Quote Originally Posted by hoaxci5 View Post
    I asked him about the rear and he said that the rear bars are a lot softer sprung than the front bars so it wouldn't make much of a difference. That may or may not be true I've never compared.. like I said though I had no issues with traction so I never second guessed it. And I kind of like teeter-toddering
    I found disconnecting the rear sway bars to be a huge improvement in stability and flex. I didn't like the teetering feeling either. Teetering on the flat is one thing, but teetering while going down a steep incline is very unnerving.

I may try to disconnect the fronts some day but like Matt said, you need limiting straps.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information