Thread: Matt's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Before forcing the bumper on as far as it would go by using the hitch bolts, this is the absolute closest I could get both sides to line up.... (this was earlier yesterday, i had a bad feeling but was hoping for the best)

^^In that position, the threaded holes for the hitch bolts aren't even visible through the frame.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I wish I could come and help you out. I would totally cut off that L-bracket that bolts the bumper on to the jeep and do some work to the bumper to lower that bracket and re weld it on slightly angled to help raise the sides of the bumper. Then you would also have to fix the brackets underneath that bolt to the frame rails and angle them a hair and weld them back in. If you have me a few hours, cut off wheel, welder and some steel and this thing would look perfect.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

The bracket sits right on the square tube so it cant be lowered very easily. The entire cross brace needs to be modified... but to get to the structural welds to modify it the actual bumper panels need to come off. At that point i'd pretty much be cutting up the entire bumper and custom piecing it back together.

I spent a lot of time this morning trying to find a relatively easy way to make it work; once its in front of you, you start seeing the other problems that really balloon the issue.

Ok Jacob maybe bring the welder tomorrow. Wonder what would happen if I cut off the front ~1" of this L bracket. Might allow us to rotate the bumper a bit and still get the bolts threaded in...

I always think better with beer in me...

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    welder and beer what time should I arrive?

Whenever your heart desires. If i'm still in bed past 7am i consider that a miracle.

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    lol - so glad we're past that stage.. I'll be there before lunch, but not early by any means

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ok Jacob maybe bring the welder tomorrow. Wonder what would happen if I cut off the front ~1" of this L bracket. Might allow us to rotate the bumper a bit and still get the bolts threaded in...

I always think better with beer in me...
    If you do this, run a bead of weld down the length of the bracket after you cut off the inch of material. If sure you already thought of this. Just my .02
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Thread Information