Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Check out whats going on this weekend!!! 2nd shot is just to give an idea of the size of the lights... they're 9" OD.

Senior Member Getting Dirty 06blkhemi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    Check out whats going on this weekend!!! 2nd shot is just to give an idea of the size of the lights... they're 9" OD.

Yea you'll have to do some modding to get them to fit. Mine just fit and I think their 6"? Will look awesome though!!
    Frank
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Yeah I definitely realized that when i looked at the Matrix in person. I decided that i'm just going to make a light bar out of one of my left over Thule load bars and mount that to the Matrix. Or something similar... not sure. Will have to see how it works out once i put it together.

Another option im considering is not using the grill hoop and just mounting the lights directly to the Matrix... but, I was also thinking about using the hoop to make a hi-lift mount as well. Decisions decisions!
    Last edited by Matt; 05-24-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Definitely for the two top lights,just make a bracket to extend the light mounts away from the hoop.. I'm jealous you got the front skid from 4xguard also! Looks like a nice piece too..
    06 Hemi Limited,black,QD2,elsd,loaded minus back up camera,OEM hitch with 7pin harness. RC 2"lift,BFG Rugged Terrains 265x70x17(31.7"),1 3/4" Rugged ridge wheel spacers(front), 4xguard Matrix Pushbar and Grill Hoop,4xguard rockrail/sliders,4xGuard 12 bolt diff guard,6"Hella 500 Black Magic Driving lights.

Quick update and some teaser pics.

NO, the lights are not mounted yet. I'm going to put the lights on a Thule load bar that i'll cut to length. Then i plan on mounting the load bar above the Matrix at about the same height as the light tabs.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar

NO, the lights are not mounted yet. I'm going to put the lights on a Thule load bar that i'll cut to length. Then i plan on mounting the load bar above the Matrix at about the same height as the light tabs.
    Awesome! Those things are probably brighter than the landing lights on a 747!
    Now we just need to put a few scratches on that flawless white body! ;-)
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

The only problem that I can see might happen. Is your going to overheat,especially in the woods wheeling with the radiator being covered from the lights..If it can't suck cold air through it.. Something to think about... Besides that it looks awesome! Do any wheeling over the Memorial day weekend?

lol thanks. That body has its fair share of beauty marks though... just the magical thing about white vehicles, they always look clean in pictures. It's actually dirty as all hell right now.

And i broke a tab on the top corner of the bumper putting it back on too. Still held in place alright, especially with the front guard on there which adds support to the bottom.
    Last edited by Matt; 06-04-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06blkhemi View Post
    The only problem that I can see might happen. Is your going to overheat,especially in the woods wheeling with the radiator being covered from the lights..If it can't suck cold air through it.. Something to think about... Besides that it looks awesome! Do any wheeling over the Memorial day weekend?
    The lights are going to be off of the front of the Matrix which puts plenty of space between them and the grill. With the E-Fans, there won't be any issues pulling air through since the lights will be too far away to restrict flow created from the suction of the fan.

Didn't get a chance to wheel over the weekend. Went crazy with house work.

Member Looking for Dirt txbajacommander's Avatar
    I'd try putting 2 up high on the bar, don't know if you have tabs there or not.

Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information