Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Awesome!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    :-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    A Veteran, whether Active Duty, Retired, National Guard, of Reserves, is someone who, at one point in their lives, wrote a check payable to "The United States of America" for a amount of
    "up to and including my Life". That is Honor, and there are way to many people in the country who no longer understand it.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    I told you those freight companies are sketchy!

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Hmmmmm...

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    hmmmmm...
    pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2006 XK 4.7L QTII

Not good yet. Gonna eat some dinner and ill update

Sooo im definitely not having the best Jeep'n day...

First I hear my OME MD spring idea might net me weaker springs than my stock ones.... ugh, kick me in the nuts.
    Next, my JBA arms still haven't come in yet (ok that might work out for me the way this evening has gone)
    Third, my bumper install isn't going as easy as i expected. Mostly minor stuff that can be overcome though.

My first "oh crap" moment was when i realized the backup sensor harness needs to be modified because one sensor is out of reach. Not a big deal, i know how to cut and extend wires...

So i epoxy the sensors in place and figure i'll move on to drilling out the frame rails for the brackets. Well i'll be damned.... this is a GOOD bit too!

Still can't knock me down... finish it off with a good 1/2" bit (i can always enlarge them later) and press on so I can get this bumper on! Right?

Hmmmm, damn bumper won't go on... oh i'm an idiot, i need to take off the TPMS bracket

Ok now it's ready.....

.... an hour of swinging a 5 lb mallet later, it's still not on. The bumper needs to go up higher, but the dowels in the mounts need to go down. It's an un-winnable battle with this much steel.

So i gave up around 9:30. Tomorrow i'm home with the baby (two older kids going to work with my wife) so i'll try working on it some more; especially since my JBA arms didn't come so im not tearing my front end down. I think im going to try cutting the dowels off... maybe buy a new/larger drill bit to increase the hole size in the frame too and how I can get this thing on. Might have to grind down some of the edges too for a bit more clearance.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Sooo im definitely not having the best Jeep'n day...

First I hear my OME MD spring idea might net me weaker springs than my stock ones.... ugh, kick me in the nuts.
    Next, my JBA arms still haven't come in yet (ok that might work out for me the way this evening has gone)
    Third, my bumper install isn't going as easy as i expected. Mostly minor stuff that can be overcome though.

My first "oh crap" moment was when i realized the backup sensor harness needs to be modified because one sensor is out of reach. Not a big deal, i know how to cut and extend wires...

So i epoxy the sensors in place and figure i'll move on to drilling out the frame rails for the brackets. Well i'll be damned.... this is a GOOD bit too!

Still can't knock me down... finish it off with a good 1/2" bit (i can always enlarge them later) and press on so I can get this bumper on! Right?

Hmmmm, damn bumper won't go on... oh i'm an idiot, i need to take off the TPMS bracket

Ok now it's ready.....

.... an hour of swinging a 5 lb mallet later, it's still not on. The bumper needs to go up higher, but the dowels in the mounts need to go down. It's an un-winnable battle with this much steel.

So i gave up around 9:30. Tomorrow i'm home with the baby (two older kids going to work with my wife) so i'll try working on it some more; especially since my JBA arms didn't come so im not tearing my front end down. I think im going to try cutting the dowels off... maybe buy a new/larger drill bit to increase the hole size in the frame too and how I can get this thing on. Might have to grind down some of the edges too for a bit more clearance.
    Glad to see it arrived in the same condition it left it and the paint seems to be intact, One thought on the pin location... Make sure you have the "L" shape brackets right side up (there is a top and a bottom).
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Like a kid on Christmas. (Timely reference, no?)

To quote Yoda, "You must unlearn what you have learned."

It's late. Goodnight!
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    One thought on the pin location... Make sure you have the "L" shape brackets right side up (there is a top and a bottom).
    The brackets are currently a non-factor... the bumper won't physically go on far enough to even try getting the bolts in the brackets.

The pins either need to be cut off, or I need to enlarge the holes they go into. Considering I don't think they help at all since the bumper sits on the rear "shelf" of the unibody, i'm thinking grinding them off is the best option.

Though I like how Mark put it; gonna head to bed soon and start with a fresh mind tomorrow

Page 65 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread Information