Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bend National State Park / November 9-13, 2011

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar

Big Bend National State Park / November 9-13, 2011

Hello all,
    Just figured I'd start putting out the word. After going to marble falls several times I'm ready for something a bit different. I saw a write up on Big Bend Nat'l park and it looks like a fantastic place to wheel. Going to try and go either august or september. I'll nail that down when the time gets a little closer.
    Probably won't camp. It will be a bit warm. Should be there about 2-3 days. It'll take me about 11-12 hrs to get there from houston. It's actually pretty close to south eastern arizona and southern New Mexico (at least closer than it is to me).

I'm going to see if any people from work want to go as well so it may not be all commanders or anything.
    A sample:
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty cico7's Avatar
    Wow, Looks great!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    Im in
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I might be able to fit it in.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

That'd be great. The more the better.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Going to have to be in september. I was selcted to be deployed as a french translator onboard a cutter off the coast of africa. Just found out about it. Apparently there are only eight registered french translators in the coast guard and im one of them. Yay.

In light of me just returning from overseas, i'm going to have to postpone the Big bend trip untill sometime later this year or early next year. Anyone interested let me know when is good for you. I think Strokez can't go in october or november unless he has changed plans, which would be fine for me. Put your two cents in everyone and let me know when you're interested and we'll try to nail down a time. My XK is itching to go somewhere fun.

The New Official Date of the Outing will be November 9th-13th. So far it seems that there will be 2 XK's, 3 wranglers, an H2 and an F250. Anyone else who wants to join in is welcome!

Can a moderator Change the name of the thread and remove late summer and put the new dates in? I'd appreciate it.

I had to look this up due to my concern of being on the mexican border in light of recent issues of homicides due to drug traffic lately. I'm no longer concerned. The AR and a pistol will be in the XK with the family.

FYI:
    "As of February 22, 2010, a new federal law allows people who can legally possess firearms under applicable federal, state, and local laws, to legally possess firearms in this park. It is the responsibility of visitors to understand and comply with all applicable state, local, and federal firearms laws before entering this park. As a starting point, please review this PDF of Texas Firearm Regulations

Federal law also prohibits firearms in certain facilities in this park; those places are marked with signs at all public entrances.

Keep in mind that the regulations to carry a firearm do not permit the discharging of a firearm. The discharge of a firearm is still illegal in national parks."

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by superacerc View Post
    Can a moderator Change the name of the thread and remove late summer and put the new dates in?
    Done!

I would like to go but that is NASCAR week here in Phoenix.
    Last edited by Knappster; 09-06-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information