Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Bend National State Park / November 9-13, 2011

Senior Member Getting Dirty superacerc's Avatar
    It's officially official now that my leave was approved! My wife is going but not my kids. I got my mom to watch them for the trip. That should make it a lot more fun since they're still too little to enjoy it (and it makes my wife miserable to keep up with them on trips). Looks like it's 20 dollars entry fee and 10-14 to stay in a campsite each night. The only person from theultimatejeep going besides myself right now is strokez. Feel free to join us there! The White Rubicon from my first set of Hidden Falls pics is going as well.
    Here's a few enticing photos of the park.

Last edited by superacerc; 09-29-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers
    http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...acerc-s-Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Where is this (what state?)
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Texas. The park has 4 paved roads and over 20 unpaved and unimproved vehicle trails and primitive camp sites some of which are along the Rio Grande. Elevations go from 1000-a few thousand feet. It's the Least visited Nat'l Park in the US and one of the largest.
    2007 Commander 4.7L, QTII, OEM Towing Option, tow hooks, 2"OME + 1/4" rusty's leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shks, Rear sway bar removed, 4xguard front skid, Offroad Unlimited Defender Roof Rack, Hella 500FF lights, 265/70/R17 BFG KM2 M/Ts 1.5" Rough Country Wheel Spacers

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I think I will add this to my list of places to see!

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Looks really cool, I wish there were more places like that around here
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I think I will add this to my list of places to see!
    I hear it'll be really nice out there on the 9th-13th of Nov. You should probably visit it then.

@ Holiday: I kind wish i had more green places like yours. (Always greener on the other side)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    This should be a good trip! My buddy with the H2 bailed. Trying to get a few others to join in. Regardless will be a good time. I will be running solo (I think).
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Quote Originally Posted by strokeZ View Post
    This should be a good trip! My buddy with the H2 bailed. Trying to get a few others to join in. Regardless will be a good time. I will be running solo (I think).
    He probably thought it would be too tough for the H2, lol. Yeah i'm getting excited to go. Should be nice. I plan on taking lots of nice photos. They're be 4 vehicles total then including you and me. My wife and my buddy's wife will be going and the other guy will probably be by himself unless he can convince someone else to go with him.

Last Chance to join in everyone.
    The bulk of our group is leaving on Tuesday afternoon (8th) with the goal of just staying past San Antonio. StrokeZ will meet us there in the morning and we'll continue up to Big Bend Via State HWY 90 which is more senic than I-10. We're going to do some camping, hiking, and 4 wheeling of course (which is the only way to get around the park). There are natural Hot Springs to swim in which should be nice now that the weather is cooling. There are canyons galore, old mining towns/ghost towns to explore, waterfalls (if there's enough water), indian villages, rare species of fauna, and some animals (about half of which we will prefer to only see at a distance). The longest continuous primitive road in the park has a suggested time it takes to complete of almost a full day (51 miles of 4x4 required to pass fun).

We'll be sure and take some photos/videos.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    have a blast guys & looking forward to the pictures
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information